Friday, September 17, 2021

A Questionable Client by Ilona Andrews

🍎🍎🍎🍎

In case you've missed my last couple reviews, I'm doing a readalong of the Kate Daniels series by husband and wife writing duo Ilona Andrews. The series has been on my tbr for a while and I just never picked it up because it's quite long for a series and I got away from long series focused on one character. These are more Urban Fantasy but there are some romantic elements that start to come into play starting with the third book. The readalong I'm joining is hosted by Heather, Stef and Megan. There is a live later today to go over the first two books, this prequel novella and the Curran POVs that correspond. As I've mentioned previously, a free bind up is available for the first 9 POVs on their website! I applied this to the Fall in Love prompt starts with the letter A.

During Magic Bites, we meet a side character Kate Daniels goes to for information named Saiman. She gets a discount for his information thanks to a bodyguard job she did that was their meeting. This novella is about that bodyguard job and set before the first book.

I loved getting to see more Saiman and for a longer time. He's such an interesting character with the shapeshifting ability. If anything I just want to learn more about him. I'm hoping we get to see him throughout the rest of the series from time to time. Their banter is so fun and I love that Kate just doesn't take any of his crap. I also loved how it ended. She ended up being able to ask the magical cat the one questions and I loved what she did with it!

Usually I try to read the first book of a series before going back to the prequel. Sometimes it just hits more having sat with the characters previously through a full length book. This was the case here, although I feel like there was enough world set up that you could read this first without feeling too lost. We mainly just stay in Saiman's apartment, so there isn't a lot of other interactions with the world and people.

I really enjoyed this quick novella and am looking forward to reading more in this world. I am so hyped for the series and am so happy that even the little snippets they write still feel really fulfilling and add more to the story and the world. I'm having a great time so far! If you'd like to join the readalong, check out the announcements that each of the hosts did. All live videos will be on Stef's channel. I can't wait to chat with everyone tonight!

Have you read A Questionable Client?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: A Questionable Client, Ilona Andrews, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 65 pages, published in 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...