Wednesday, September 22, 2021

To Love Jason Thorn by Ella Maise

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

Another outlier purchase on my shelves was To Love Jason Thorn by Ella Maise. This was a book I had seen a review of on instagram that I immediately added to my tbr. Recently Ella announced that there were going to be new covers, fitting the popular illustrated ones. I am not a fan of a lot of the illustrated covers, especially these ones. I went ahead and purchased the older covers while I could. Both books in the Love & Hate series got the new covers. Thank goodness I did. I applied this to the Fall in Love prompt author found on instagram.

Olive has been in love with her brother's best friend since she was 6-years old. She met Jason when he moved to town and spent most of his time at their house due to family issues. When his mom passes he moves with his dad to LA and they lose contact. Now, Olive is getting reading to graduate from college and is overwhelmed by the popularity of her debut novel. It's getting optioned for a movie deal and she's a fish out of water. Who do they want to play the male lead, none other than hot movie star Jason Thorn. He who inspired the hero in her novel. They are brought back together and Jason helps Olive navigate this new world.

Oh my gosh. I loved this book. I was so drawn in and couldn't put it down. I loved how awkward Olive was and how she was always so nervous and anxious about what was going on. She did silly things sometimes, but they felt so natural and I could relate to doing stupid things when flustered. I loved how happy Jason was to see her and wanted so much to be her friend again. Once things start to get steamy between them, hoo boy. I loved the tension and steam between them. It was so hot and I loved how all in Jason was when it came to Olive. 

I'm not the biggest fan of celebrity romances, especially contemporary ones, but I loved how this was set up. There wasn't really any "she's not good enough" things and I loved how accepting Jason's people were of his relationship with Olive. Granted, there was a fake marriage and they were forced together, but it could've gone the stereotypical route. I also loved how Jason was constantly showing up, despite being a movie star. There just was so much I absolutely loved about this. While the 3rd act conflict felt a little rushed, I kind of saw it coming. I knew that there was something going on with Charlotte, just based on how she was acting. The way that they reconnected after the fight was so swoony and just brought everything full circle from the prologue/first chapter.

I really, really loved this book and almost wish that Olive and/or Jason had more friends so we could have more books. I want to read more in this world by Ella Maise. I know book 2 is about Lucy, so I can't wait to jump into it. I'm definitely going to check out Ella's other works and know that Marriage of One has been recommended a few time recently by people I follow. I laughed, cried and swooned with this book and highly recommend it. My contemporary romance list is growing!

Have you read To Love Jason Thorn?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: To Love Jason Thorn, Ella Maise, 5-stars, 0 days, paperback, 418 pages, published in 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...