Monday, May 17, 2021

Love in the Night Readathon TBR

Wrap up posted!!

 Happy Monday!

I hope that you're ready for summer! it's already getting too hot for my pleasure here in Northern Colorado. Today I have another fun tbr and announcement, Love in the Night Readathon! It will run from Monday May 24th through Monday May 31st. This is the second round and has all the same hosts: Shae, Crystal, Izzy, Laura, Temecka and Stef. I actually didn't participate in the first round at the end of last year. It started right after a different paranormal romance readathon and I needed a break. I'm super happy to join in this round, especially with thinking lately I want to read more paranormal. Especially after enjoying A Hunger Like No Other the other month. They have a fun google doc with all the information and it looks like there's also a couple reading sprints planned as well as a bingo board. They also have a sheet with recommendations. I have uploaded the bingo board below.

Once again I want to not have too much of a tbr since I'm a mood reader, but I have some ideas that I've been pondering on since they made the announcement in late April. I am also posting this a little more advanced than usual in case you wanted to join but didn't hear the announcement. I'll list the ideas I have below. I will probably start this readathon early. I hate that it starts on Monday, especially with a lot of my reading time being on the weekends. It is nice that it lasts an extra day so it includes Memorial Day (which I'll have off)! Also, the group read is Deal With the Demon by Chace Verity.

🧛 Demonica series by Larissa Ione - this has been on my tbr for a while and I actually own the first six books in paperback. This would work for the demon prompt at least.

🧛 Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series - this has also been on my tbr for a while and I finally read the first book in the series (linked above) recently. These would cover various prompts including sequel, host favorite, booktube darling, & witch (book 3) prompts.

🧛 I have a couple witchy books that I purchased last year for the Heaving Bosoms reading embrace as they are HB authors: A Kiss for Solstice by Elizabeth Allyn-Dean and Remembering a Witch by Lauren Connolly. Both would cover the witch prompt.

🧛 Talia Hibbert's Mating the Huntress has been on my tbr since last Halloween when it seemed like a lot of people read it for the paranormal romance readathon and first round of Love in the Night. It would work for author of color, host favorite & booktube darling prompts.

🧛 I've also been wanting to reread Juliette Cross's Stay a Spell series lately. They are some of my favorite paranormals and I wanted to reread them both before the third book comes out later this year. They count for booktube darling, witch, sequel (book 2) & host favorite prompts. The audio book for Wolf Gone Wild came out on May 18th, so I might try reading along with the audiobook since that's the only "different format" I have as an option. I have heard several audiobook reader mention that their favorite way to read is to read both at the same time. Reminds me of reading aloud in class.

🧛 I've also been wanting to get into Lord of the Underworld by Gena Showalter. This is one of my sister's favorite authors and has been on my tbr for years (like back in early college). I do own the first book in paperback and it would cover the demon and host favorite prompts.

🧛 I've also had Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series on my tbr forever. This is another author that either my sister or one of my college friends was super into that I just never got around to starting.

🧛 One of my favorite paranormal series is the Jane Jameson series and her spin-off series set in the same world, Half-Moon Hollow. I was looking at some of my favorite paranormals to see what goodreads recommends if you like those and saw that there are two new releases in Half-Moon Hollow I completely missed! I definitely need to read those soon. Molly Harper also has another paranormal series called Mystic Bayou that I've been wanting to start. It started out as just audiobooks so I never really got into them, but I noticed that now there are paperback and ebook options.

🧛 Another idea I have is Karina Halle's new dark vampire romance Black Sunshine. It just came out late March and I've heard things some intriguing things about it. It's also been on my tbr since release.

🧛 A more recent read is After Midnight by Teresa Medeiros. This is a paranormal historical romance that I read for the Rake Appreciation Society. I'm intrigued by the second book in the duology, The Vampire Who Loved Me.

As you can see I have a lot of ideas, but a lot of them are vampire or shifters which aren't prompts for the board. I kind of got away from paranormal, mostly because the series are so long and a lot of them I used to read focus on one couple throughout. I used to prefer that type of series, but as I read more standalones and historicals I realized I want the HEA now and kind of moved away from those type of series. While I still enjoy them, I just got away from them if they are too long; like 6 books or more. I am excited to start some of the paranormal series that are in my new preferred format but I never got to back in the day. I still absolutely adore paranormal and am really excited to read more of them and get back to what really entrenched me in romance. I definitely have more paranormal series on my kindle and my bookshelves that I haven't listed, so I could end up reading something not even in my list of ideas. Who knows?

There is a wrap-up live show on Shae's channel that's scheduled for Friday June 4t at 7pm (mountain time). I'm excited it's later in the evening so I'll actually be able to join live after work! I'm excited to be able to join this round and look forward to getting back to one of my first loves, paranormal romance. 

Will you be joining the Love in the Night Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...