Tuesday, September 28, 2021

How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper

🍎🍎🍎🍎

It's that time again for the Smart Women Read Romance patreon exclusive review. I am a patron of their amazing podcast, and the theme for October was werewolves/shifters. How to Flirt with a Werewolf by Molly Harper was the winner! This is the first book in her Naked Werewolf series. I applied this to the Fall in Love prompt trees on the cover. It also covers the Bang in the Night Bingo prompts howlin' for you, #squadgoals, full moon on the cover/stepback, into the woods and CSI: crime scene investigation.

Mo has just moved to Grundy, Alaska. She's trying to escape her overbearing parents and needed to get as far away as she could from both them and the life she was living. She rents a cabin for a year and hopes to re-evaluate her life. Mo ends up taking over as the cook at the local restaurant and starts finding acceptance in this little town. Of course the one person that pushes against accepting her into the community is Cooper, local hunting guide and werewolf.

I love Molly Harper, as I've mentioned before, and was super excited to reread this. I was nervous since I remembered not loving it as much as her Jane Jameson series. I previously rated it 4-stars and it is still the same. One thing that keeps Molly Harper as one of my favorite authors is the way she develops her communities and friendships between all the characters. I would love to live in one of her worlds. While this isn't as heavy on the romance as her other books and kind of leans on the fated mate trope a little, I still enjoyed the banter between Mo and Copper.

Mo is also a Molly Harper heroine through and through. She's snarky, had an odd upbringing and is dealing with issues. The snarkiness always has me chuckling. It's something that Molly is so good at writing and it always makes me wish I was able to come up with fun quips like that just as quick. It gives me the same kind of enjoyment that Gilmore Girls did with their banter. It's been a few years since I've read the series, but I do remember that this was my favorite of the three. This one is set in Grundy and the other two are with the pack that Cooper is related to. They're good and I might reread those as well with the readathons I have going on, but I enjoyed being in Grundy more than the little town the wolf pack created.

I've been wanting to read the Molly Harper books I haven't read yet, but it was nice to reread an older book of hers. It's just leading me to upping her on my tbr for the next month. I really recommend Molly Harper if you're looking for a more comedy, light-hearted paranormal. There are dark and gritty things addressed, but with a lighter touch. I can always count on Molly Harper to have me chuckling throughout her books. I can't wait to see what others thought tonight, but I'm also nervous. It's always hard for me to hear others rate a book poorly or not enjoy something that I really love. That's why I try to suggest books I haven't read for the monthly polls. We'll see how it goes!

Have you read How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf, Molly Harper, 4-stars, 0 days, paperback, 371 pages, published in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...