Monday, May 10, 2021

Romancing Summer Challenge TBR

Wrap up is posted!
My mid-challenge update is posted!

 This weekend I was on Instagram (Stepback Saturday anyone?) and found a new readathon! It is the Romancing Summer Challenge and runs from May 1st through August 31st. It is hosted on Instagram by ldornwrites, esther.reads, annareadshere, petite.bumblebeebooks, theromanticbibliotheca and mama.is.busy.reading! It's a pretty big bingo board with a lot of options. They are also going to be doing giveaways, so if you post each prompt as it's completed in your stories and tag at least two of the hosts, you'll be entered!

Since this is a longer readathon, I'm not going to be too strict on following the prompts until later on. There is also the Love in the Night Readathon later this month (I'll have the tbr posted next Monday). I also have several book clubs that I'll be participating in. I usually try not to give myself too strict of a tbr, but I'll be even more loosey goosey with this one. I'll fit books I read into the prompts where they fit. Once we hit July though I'll be posting an updated tbr with my bingo board as it stands. Then I can better focus on what I have to complete and compile a better tbr to finish the readathon. Below is the bingo board with all of the prompts! All of the hosts also have posts with recommendations for the prompts!



Like I mentioned above, I'm not going to do too strict of a tbr at this point. There are a lot of books on my tbr normally that would cover most of these prompts. For now though, I'll post a few ideas I have for some that are a little odd and not obviously covered with my reading plans. 

🍦 One of the prompts that stumped me the most at first and had to look up was Canadian authors (I believe most, if not all, of the hosts are in Canada). The only Canadian author I know off the top of my head is Jackie Lau. If you've been following me for a bit you know she's one of my favorite contemporary authors. Her books would cover a lot of other prompts as well. When I looked though, there were quite a few other authors that I have enjoyed that are also Canadian! They are: Elle Kennedy, Natasha Madison, Kelly Bowen, and Melanie Ting. Some other popular authors that are from Canada are K.A. Tucker, Helena Hunting and Kelly Siskind.

🍦 Vacation Prompt: I don't read too many vacation romances (that I remember), so I went through some recommendation lists and there were a couple on my tbr: 40-Love by Olivia Dade and Much Ado About You by Samantha Young

🍦 A couple other books that are on my overarching tbr that immediately came to mind when going through the prompts are: Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade (I have this in paperback), Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang (I just got the mass market paperback of this), Mister Hockey by Lia Riley (I also own this and reread it every year around NHL playoffs), The Sherbrooke Bride by Catherine Coulter, Attracting Aubrey by Avery Flynn and The Seat Filler by Sariah Wilson.

I feel like a lot of these prompts will be fairly easy to meet and I am definitely looking forward to seeing how many I can complete! Given this readathon lasts a few months, hopefully them all. Like I mentioned above, I'll post an update and a more specific tbr in early July to touch base and curate my late summer reads to the prompts remaining. If you'd like to join in, definitely follow the hosts on instagram and use #romancingsummerchallenge! I'll be posting some updates in the next couple days for books I've read this month, so check out my stories and/or highlights. I hope you join in as well and enjoy your summer reads!

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...