Thursday, May 27, 2021

Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo TBR

Update 2: Wrap Up is posted!
Update: My Mid-Challenge Update is posted!

 Once again, we have another summer reading challenge/readathon!

This makes three that I'll be participating in this summer, but I'm hoping a lot of the prompts will work across the boards. This one is hosted by the Ripped Bodice. If you don't already know, the Ripped Bodice was the first romance only bookstore. It's located in Culver City, CA and I'd love to visit there one day. This is the 5th year that they've done their challenge. You can find the board and more information on their website. Last year was my first year doing their bingo challenge and I had a lot of fun. They had some super unique prompts and some of the books I read ended up in my favorite books from 2020! It runs from June 1st through August 31st and they asked that you use the hashtag #rippedbodicebingo for any social media posts!

Like the other readathons I'll be participating in this summer, I'll do a check in about halfway through, about mid-July. At that point I'll update my bingo board and do a more specific tbr for the remaining prompts. Below I'll post some ideas I have for the more unique prompts, although I feel like most of them are super specific this time.

🦩 I have had Tiffany Reisz's Men at Work series on my tbr for a while now. The first two books would cover several prompts, including construction and holiday that's not Christmas. Another idea for construction would be Lenora Bell's newest release Love is a Rogue. Yes I've owned it since release and have mentioned reading it soon multiple times. Yes I still haven't gotten to it. The next books comes out in September, so I should get to it this summer.

🦩 For other holidays, I have several options, including a lot of Halloween books. I did find in the fall last year a 4th of July series called The Holiday Firecrackers that's a compilation of different authors. A lot of these authors participate in cute insta-love novella series like this, either centered around a holiday or season. Off the top of my head I also remember seeing a St. Patrick's Day and Valentine's Day (set in Colorado) series earlier this year!

🦩 I've also been wanting to start Sophie Jordan's Rogue Files series. I actually own all 7 in paperback, but haven't started this series. These would cover several prompts as well, but more specifically book 3 would work for the auction prompt. Also for this prompt I've read the first book in the The Bachelors of Arizona series by Rachel Van Dyken that also centers around a bachelor auction. I also recently stumbled across (and added to my tbr) the multi-author Montana Born Bachelor Auction series. I also know the first book in Jennifer Bernard's Bachelor Fireman of San Gabriel has a bachelor auction.

🦩 For several of these prompts, I kept finding Emma Chase books. More specifically her Royally, Getting Some, and The Legal Briefs series. These I specifically saw would cover the defense attorney, reality TV, educator, friends to lovers, and bodyguard prompts, if not more.

🦩 As for the circus prompts, I've recently heard a lot about Ringmaster by Brianna Hale. I could also finally read the last two books in the Night Prince series by Jeanine Frost.

🦩 For triplets I saw a couple options. In college I was very into paranormal romance and one of my favorite series was Broken Heart by Michele Bardsley. Where I left off was book 8, which is the first about werewolf triplet brothers. A new find for me in my search is the Barker Triplets series by Juliana Stone. The first book is a hockey romance and features a female hockey player! Right up my alley!

🦩 For the scientific pursuit I immediately thought of the Science of Temptation series by Delphine Dryden and Off the Clock by Roni Loren. I also haven't gotten around to the second trilogy in Penny Reid's Hypothesis series.

🦩 The Neighbor From Hell series by RL Mathewson is a series I kept seeing pop up when I was looking through recs. It's been on my tbr for a little bit, but as of right now it's not something at the top of my list. Just not into the premise of the first book at this time. I did want to mention it though since the first couple books cover several prompts. 

🦩 I also have several Oliva Dade books on my tbr that would cover several prompts (for both this and the other two summer readathons I'm doing). Specifically what appeals to me at this time is her There's Something About Marysburg and Love Unscripted series. I also need to finally get to Spoiler Alert (now that the hype has died down) and need to finish the last two books in her Lovestruck Librarian series.

I also want to mention that the Ripped Bodice does giveaways. If you follow the link above for every bingo you finish you can fill out their form to be entered! You can enter 5 times, the 5th being a blackout! I'm excited to be joining this challenge again and to add another summer readathon. I can't wait for June to start, only for all these fun and unique prompts! 

A couple of the prompts have me stumped and a precursory search hasn't given me much, if any, results. I haven't found any recommendation lists or posts for these either yet, but it is still a little early. The prompts I'm most stumped on are: Wardrobe Malfunction and Protagonist Smells Like Fresh Baked Bread. I'm sure I've come across these before, but nothing is really coming to mind for these. I've read and seen a lot of chef or baking romances, but usually the main characters tend to smell like cake or pie, not bread. Also not quite listed out for me is the Stable Romp prompt. A lot of historicals have a stable scene, so I'm sure I'll come across one. If you have any recommendations for any of the prompts, let me know below! Sharing is always caring!

Are you participating in the Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...