Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Once Upon a Christmas Eve by Elizabeth Hoyt

🍎🍎🍎🍎

The next novella in the Maiden Lane series by Elizabeth Hoyt is Once Upon a Christmas Eve. This is numbered at 10.7. This is actually also my last book for the Heaving Bosom's Reading Embrace, which is one of the main reasons I read this in the middle of May. Novellas are also perfect for me for during the week since most of my reading time is one the weekend.

Once again I wanted these characters to get their HEAs after seeing them in previous books. This is a sweet holiday romance between the Visctount d'Arque and Sarah, the half-sister of our former Ghost of St. Giles, Godric. This was such a sweet holiday novella. While it felt a little more rushed than the previous one, I still really enjoyed it. It wasn't too heavy on the Christmas which was nice since I read this in May. I enjoyed the pull that Sarah and Adam felt. It was also nice that Sarah was able to see past Adam's rake exterior. It was really nice to see him with his grandmother and the caring and love he felt for her. Where I wanted more from this, was the house party with other men (invited by her mother) and the attempted assault on her younger sister. Since this was a novella and so short, I wanted less of the ancillary things and more focus on Adam and Sarah. I still really enjoyed it and despite the shortness, it was nice to see Sarah and Adam find their HEA. If you have read and enjoyed the Maiden Lane series, this is a great addition and it's always fun to see more of the side characters. It was a nice break to read these two novellas as well before jumping back into the overarching plot of the last three books with the Lords of Chaos.

Have you read Once Upon a Christmas Eve?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Once Upon a Christmas Eve, Elizabeth Hoyt, 4-stars, 1 day, eBook, 92 pages, published in 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...