Sunday, July 18, 2021

Summer of Swoon TBR #2

Update: Wrap Up is posted for board 3!
Update: Wrap Up is posted for board 2!

Happy Sunday! Earlier this week I posted my wrap up of the first bingo board for Summer of Swoon! It's hosted by shelbytaggartreads on instagram and runs from June 1st through August 31st. I have followed Shelby for a while now and am super happy to finally take part in one of her challenges! Shortly into June there were several people making really quick progress on her board so she created two more! I have both shown below, but I'm going to focus on just the second board for this tbr/idea post. If you want more recs or the templates, she has them all saved in her stories.


As mentioned in my wrap-up for board one, there were several books that didn't match open prompts when reading. As I read those, I fit them in where needed to the second board. So as I officially start the second board, here is where it sits. I have already covered 6 prompts! For the more unique prompts, I'll list out ideas and recommendations.

🌊 As mentioned in my first tbr for Summer of Swoon, one of my least favorite tropes is enemies to lovers. I fell like this is something that's easily met though with some of my reading plans, mostly to get through the first couple of Sophie Lark's Underworld series and then jump to her new Kingmakers series. Jen is doing another live show with Sophie the first weekend in August to celebrate the final book of the Kingmakers.

🌊 For Shelby's favorite author I know she reads a lot of Vi Keeland both alone and with her common writing partner Penelope Ward. I've read several books by them as well and have found I either love it or it's a 2 or 3-star. There is one that I was really intrigued by since it was also reviewed by Smart Women Read Romance, and that's Egomaniac. I do have several of their books on my tbr, so I'll mostly go with something from them for this prompt.

🌊 I also have several books this month for book clubs that will cover some prompts. I'll be reading Blindsided by Amy Daws for the Smart Women Read Romance live patreon review. I'll most likely use that to cover starts with the letter B, but it would also cover guy on cover, recommendation from booksta, orange on the cover, standalone, indie published and new author. I'll be hopefully reading Flowers From the Storm by Laura Kinsale for the Historical Hellions. This would cover new author, standalone, updated/alternative cover, guy on cover, yellow on the cover and/or guy on the left of the cover. For the Ravished by Romance book club this month the book is A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet. I could use this for updated/alternative cover, series, recommendation from booksta, orange on the cover, yellow on the cover or new author. A lot of options for these books!

🌊 There are also a couple of series I want to get through by the end of the month. The first is to finish my reread of Lisa Kleypas's Ravenels. I didn't get to my two books last month, so I have 4 I'd like to get done by the end of the month. These would cover quite a few prompts. Jen is also hosting a live show with author Maggie Cole. She found her Mafia Wars series and I  immediately added them to my tbr. I didn't get to any during the Mafia Romance Readathon, but I'd like to at least read the first book by the end of the month (the live is on the 31st).

🌊 There are only a couple prompts left that I can see me not hitting as easy as others (like the cover ones). The first is travel or vacation romance. I don't know why, but I fell like a lot of those are contemporary and I just don't gravitate to it as often (even though I've been reading a lot more of it as late). In my various tbr challenges I've mentioned Olivia Dade's Love Unscripted series which would cover this prompt (as well as a few others).

🌊 One that give me more trouble if I think about it too much is water on the cover. I know that there are probably a lot of books that I have that might have water (in some form) on the cover, it just doesn't stick out in my brain. I just need to look through my book covers slowly. Maybe look for some pirate romances?

When I read a book and it covers multiple prompts I tend to pick one that isn't met as easily as the others. Part of me wants to try to get this board finished by the end of the month, but that seems a little too extreme. I do also need to starting wrapping up my Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo, but I'm making decent headway on that one. I'll have a mid-challenge update later this week for that one. I'm having fun with the challenge and am excited to try to finish another board. At first I wanted to get all three done, but with my other challenges they haven't quite overlapped as I hoped. We'll see how things go though.

Are you participating in the Summer of Swoon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...