Thursday, July 15, 2021

Summer of Swoon Wrap Up

Update: Wrap up is posted for board 3!
Update: Wrap Up is up for board 2!
Update: TBR is posted for board 2!

 It's official! I have finished the Summer of Swoon bingo board! Summer of Swoon is hosted by shelbytaggartreads on instagram. It runs from June 1st through August 31st. Below is the bingo board blank in case you never saw the original, but Shelby also has recs and the templates in her highlights. Then I'll show my completed board below and well as list out my reads (with links to the reviews) starting from the top left corner and going row by row.

If you've been an avid reader of my blog, you would've noticed lately that some of my reviews have mentioned a board 2. Shelby actually posted a week or so into June that she made two more boards since a lot of people were moving quickly. I have saved the next two boards as well and as I had reads that didn't fit any of my remaining prompts on the first board, I checked to see if they would fit any on the second board. Since I was able to complete the first board before my mid-challenge wrap up, I figured I'd shoot to get at least the second board completed as well. I'll be posting a tbr and mini-update for that board this weekend, so stay tuned for that. Without further ramblings from me, here is my first complete board!

🌊 Set in Summer: Zander's Firecracker by Ember Flint

🌊 Anticipated 2021 Release: The Wrong Marquess by Vivienne Lorret

🌊 Cover Love: Ruthless Creatures by JT Geissinger

🌊 Favorite Author: Heavy Crown by Sophie Lark

🌊 Traditionally Published: Untamed by Elizabeth Lowell

🌊 Starts with the letter T: The Professor Next Door by Jackie Lau

🌊 Saving for Summer: Bloody Heart by Sophie Lark

🌊 Sunrise or Sunset Cover: The Daring Twin by Donna Fletcher

🌊 Part of a Series: Brutal Prince by Sophie Lark

🌊 Trope Outside Your Comfort Zone: A Lady of Rooksgrave Manor by Kathryn Moon

🌊 Recommendation from Instagram: Teach Me by Olivia Dade

🌊 Set in a Tropical/Beach Locale: 40-Love by Olivia Dade

🌊 Starts with the letter S: Stolen Heir by Sophie Lark

🌊 Book Shelby Gave 5-Stars: Dirty Letters by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward

🌊 Pink on the Cover: Aubin by Annabelle Rex

🌊 Blue on the Cover: Sheets and Giggles by Megan Wade

🌊 Hate the Cover: The Earl I Ruined by Scarlett Peckham

🌊 Standalone: The Virgin Sex Queen by Angela Verdenius

🌊 Indie Published: Savage Lover by Sophie Lark

🌊 Set in a Small-Town: Broken Vow by Sophie Lark

🌊 Road-Trip Romance: Her Pretend Christmas Date by Jackie Lau

🌊 Shelby Recommendation: Off the Record by Chelle Sloane

🌊 On TBR 6+ Months: Mercenary Princess by Setta Jay

🌊 New Author: A Bullet Between Us by K. Dosal

🌊 Backlist: Indigo by Beverly Jenkins

I feel like this challenge had a good mix of genres and definitely encompasses a lot of elements. Like I mentioned above, stay tuned for my tbr for the 2nd bingo board! I'm happy that there were a lot of easily met prompts but also a couple that had me stumped. I also liked that the prompts were varied, covering not only tropes, but covers, authors, publish dates and types. I think Shelby did a great job and I'm happy to finally participate in one of her challenges!

Are you participating in the Summer of Swoon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...