Saturday, May 29, 2021

Mafia Romance Readathon TBR

Wrap up is posted!!

 Another Readathon announcement, this time over a weekend!

We are starting off June dark with the Mafia Romance Readathon. It's hosted by Jen, Jessen, Tori, Tiffany and Jess. The readathon will run from June 4th to 6th with a live wrap up Sunday evening. There are templates available on instagram and Jen has done another build your own bingo board! I have posted the blank board and prompt list below and well as my bingo board. I started really reading mafia romances a few months ago and went on a mafia binge over a weekend. I haven't quite gotten back to it since then, but have added quite a few mafia books to my tbr since. 

All of the hosts have read mafia and have several videos and instagram posts with recs. Jen specifically has read a lot of mafia the past couple months and recently uploaded another rec video. A lot of mafia books will cover multiple prompts, so it should be pretty easy to make them. Jen also put in her story that she's going to have a google form again for prizes if you get a bingo!

This is a shorter readathon, but I have done a mafia binge weekend with 6 books before so I'm confident to get at least one bingo. Like I mentioned above, a lot of mafia romances will fit various prompts with one book. Below I'll list some ideas I have and what I've been interested in reading since my first foray into mafia!

🩸 My previous binge consisted mostly of Cora Reilly's Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles. I have two books left as well as the novellas. I have at least one more in reading order before jumping over to the Camorra Chronicles, which I really need to read.

🩸 Another series that Jen has been talking a lot about is Brutal Birthright and the other connection series by Sophie Lark. She actually will have a live with Sophie June 19th. A few of the books have really intrigued me, especially the second, Stolen Heir.

🩸 A newer release that also sounds very unique from other mafia's I've heard about is A Bullet Between Us by K. Dosal. It just came out on Wednesday, May 26th and I'm super excited to find a new author. She is also a newer author, so it's always fun to support a newer author.

🩸 Also read during my previous mafia binge was the Filthy by Serena Akeroyd. I've been meaning to continue the Five Points' Mob series and have heard a lot of great things about the rest of the series.

🩸 Another recent add to my tbr is Scarred Souls by Tillie Cole. Jess mentioned Raze, book 1, in a video recently as a dark romance or romance that she loves but doesn't talk about much. It definitely intrigued me, especially with the fight club aspects.

🩸 A couple 1st books in series, that haven't been expanded yet, are Ruthless Creatures by JT Geissinger (published earlier this year) and Mercenary Princess by Setta Jay (published in 2018).

🩸 Another idea is Breaking Point by Pamela Clare. This is the 5th book in her I-team series (that can be read as standalone). I've read a few random books of the series that I randomly received copies of back when I was really into Romantic Suspense in late high school.. I know for sure this one has mafia plot notes, but not all of them do. (On another note, I absolutely adore her Colorado High Country series, but it's not mafia related.)

If you have any ideas or recommendations, please pop them into the comments. I'm super excited to try a lot more mafia romances and am aiming to read one book by a few authors instead of bingeing one or two authors (like I did before). We'll see how it goes though since I am a mood reader.

Are you participating in the Mafia Romance Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...