Thursday, February 11, 2021

Lunar New Year Readathon

Wrap Up is posted!

 Happy Lunar New Year!

I don't personally celebrate Lunar New Year but have participated in celebrations in the past, both in college and when I was studying abroad in Japan. To celebrate diversity in Romancelandia, LaceyBookLovers and remarkablylisa are hosting the short readathon. It runs from February 12th through February 14th. Since it's shorter, they have shared the prompts below instead of a bingo board.


This fits in perfectly with my current reading plans, so I'm super excited to get some more Asian diversity in my reading! For the Seasonally Booked Up - Winter of the Wallflower club (hosted by Kelly and Dana), this week's book is Courtney Milan's The Duchess War. I'll be starting this on Friday (instead of earlier) since Courtney is Asian! I've been really wanting to get into her books and this is doubly the perfect chance! 

To stick with my FaRoFeb reading (before I sink back into historical romance at the end of the month for my other clubs), I've gone through some of my fantasy romances and specifically curated a list for my weekend reads. I have a pretty big list of options (maybe too many), but since I'm a mood reader I'd figure I'd get a bigger list than waste time trying to figure out what to read next. 

I'll just give a few of the items from my list that I'm thinking of reading!
πŸ“š Joan Swan's Phoenix Rising series
πŸ“š Allyson James - Black Dragon (Book 2 from Dragon series)
πŸ“š Ruby Dixon - Barbarian's Rescue (Book 14 from Ice Planet Barbarians)
πŸ“š Michelle M Pillow - Zhang Dynasty (Part of the Qurilixen World)
πŸ“š Alexandra Ivy's Dragons of Eternity Series
πŸ“š Marjorie M Liu's Dirk & Steele Series
πŸ“š Jade Lee's Romantic Fantasies Series
πŸ“š Meljean Brook - The Iron Duke (Book 1 from The Iron Seas)

Hopefully that also gives you some great options if you're joining in the readathon and/or FaRoFeb! Also, I'd like to get to the holiday novellas by Jackie Lau (one of my favorite authors). She has one each for Lunar New Year AND Valentine's Day (books 3 and 4 of her Holidays with the Wongs series).

Are you participating in the Lunar New Year Readathon? If so, use #lnyreadathon on all the socials!

Bookishly Yours, 

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...