Saturday, February 13, 2021

A Touch of Stone and Snow by Milla Vane

 

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

After reading The Beast of Blackmoor, I immediately jumped into A Touch of Stone and Snow by Milla Vane. This is the second book in her series A Gathering of Dragons. Now, as mentioned before I planned to read this over the weekend since I had more reading time and I like to read these a little slower. I just don't want to miss any little detail and allow myself to get really immersed in her writing and world. However, I wasn't thinking and this took me longer to read since I wasn't able to read at all Sunday with preparations for our little party and my normal Sunday chores.

I don't know why I waited so long to get to these after reading A Heart of Blood and Ashes last year. I loved getting into this world even more and loved that the stories of the gods and world building is just continuing to expand. One of the things I love about Milla Vane's writing is that she doesn't make the world building or fantasy elements seems overwhelming. 

This book focuses on Lizzan and Aerix from the island Koth. Were moving north in the world and see them connect with the alliance party that was formed at the end of book 1. (Fun Fact: Milla's website has maps of the land!) Lizzan is a soldier that was wrongly exiled from Koth kind of by Aerix, the remaining prince (and bastard of the current king's brother). This is a second chance romance, which I'm not usually that fond of. I did love that Lizzan and Aerix couldn't stay away from each other. I also liked that it didn't take very long for Aerix and Lizzan to dicuss the circumstances of her exile and why Aerix didn't do more to stop it or go with her. I was kept guessing on what was actually going on with the plot. Plus we got a couple more of the Destroyer's seeds taken care of!

 It was absolutely perfect that I read the novella The Beast of Blackmoor before this book because there are a lot of references to the people and what happened. We also get a fun cameo from Shim, Mala's horse companion! What's fun is we also meet Mala's sister Laina as she starts her quest from Vala (and is the heroine of book 3). I also love the way that A Dance of Smoke and Steel is setting up and can't wait for it to come out later this year!

Another fun fact, Milla Vane was on the Wicked Wallflower's podcast and talked about her plans for this series. She wants to do 6 books, but in 2 trilogies so if she ends up stopping at 3, there's still some resolution. She also has mentioned on a blog post in late 2020 that the book will be twice as long. I can't wait! Like mentioned in my review of The Beast of Blackmoor, I've had it on preorder since it was able to be!

Have you read A Touch of Stone and Snow?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎



STATISTICS: A Touch of Stone and Snow, Milla Vane, 5-stars, 2 days, paperback, 398 pages, published 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...