Monday, February 15, 2021

Lunar New Year Readathon Wrap-Up

 Happy (late) Lunar New Year! 

I hope you had fun this past weekend celebrating both the Lunar New Year and Valentine's Day! Here in northern Colorado we had a crazy cold snap and the weather was consistently negative degrees and never really got above 5 degrees. That's cold for us. Thankfully, I didn't have any plans anyway, so I focused on reading and cleaning house over the weekend! Plus the Colorado Avalanche came back from their enforced quarantine for covid protocol.

So, despite my lengthy plans and tbr, I ended up only reading 4 books for the readathon and then started a random historical for a book club later this week (Love Only Once by Johanna Lindsey for the Historical Hellions Book Club). Below is my finished prompt list. I am a little backed up on reviews now, but hopefully by the end of this week I'll be able to get most of them posted. I have updated with links to all of the reviews!


Here are the books I read (in order read) with ratings. As my reviews go live I'll update with links to the reviews! 

1. The Duchess War by Courtney Milan - 🍎🍎🍎🍎 - Prompts met: New to You Author, Recommended to You & Red on the Cover

2. Steele Your Soul by Decadent Kane - 🍎🍎 - Prompts met: New to You Author

3. A Fake Girlfriend for Chinese New Year by Jackie Lau - 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 - Prompts Met: Release from 2019-2021, Recommended to You & Red on the Cover

4. A Big Surprise for Valentine's Day by Jackie Lau - 🍎🍎🍎🍎 - Prompts Met: Release from 2019-2021, Recommended to You & Red on the Cover

So, I only read 4 books and ended up with 1x 5-star, 2x 4-stars and 1x 2-star. Thankfully after getting through Steele I went straight into Jackie Lau. It's a good thing too because it helped keep me from getting into a book slump. I'll go into more depth in my reviews for those two, but I love Jackie Lau. Her books always hit that sweet spot for me where it's funny, steamy and so swoony. She is one of my favorite contemporary authors. I definitely could've read more of her, but I was wasting time trying to figure out what to read next. I was so torn on trying to find something that I was in the mood for that would also work for FaRoFeb, but nothing was sounding good. I probably spent a good 35 minutes on Saturday afternoon just going through various books on my list, kindle and goodreads just trying to figure out what I wanted to read next.

Still, I'm still pretty happy to get through 5 books this weekend; 4 being for the readathon. It seems low, but considering I started Friday night when I got home for work, not too shabby. Overall it was a nice change of pace and I'm always happy to read more historicals and Jackie Lau, but I'm definitely read to get back to Grace Draven's Wraith Kings and more fantasy romance this week.

Did you participate in the Lunar New Year Readathon this past weekend? If so, how did it go?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...