Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Lover of Thorns and Holy Gods by Grace Draven

🍎🍎🍎🍎

The next book in Grace Draven's Wraith Kings series is Lover of Thorns and Holy Gods. This is a collection of three short stories. The first two are from her Master of Crows series (that is set in the same world). I did read all three, but for this review I'll focus on the third story, A Matter of Trust

This was such a steamy and sweet short story centered around an evening out for Ildiko and Brishen. It starts out with our lovely couple having dinner at his neighbor Lord Pangion's. Ildiko is with some of the court ladies and they are discussing the finer details of coupling with Lord Pangion and is reputation as the Beladine Stallion. The women quickly turn their sights on Ildiko and want more information about her couplings with Brishen, being he's Kai and not human. I am very much along the same lines as Ildiko, where I don't like to share and discuss private/personal things like that, especially with virtual strangers.

They do bring up oral, and since Kai have sharp fangs as teeth, Ildiko thinks about trying to pleasure Brishen and if he'd be trustful of her mouth "down there." Since Kai have fangs, she's pretty confident that that specific intimacy isn't one that Kai men would receive or even know about. Like I mentioned before, this was very steamy and I really enjoyed the way that Grace Draven writes intimacy and the feelings and other aspects that play into such a scene. It was nice to also get a moment of peace between them, especially knowing what is coming for Eidolon after the epilogue of Radiance. So excited to continue the series for FaRoFeb!

Have you read Lover of Thorns and Holy Gods?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Lover of Thorns and Holy Gods, Grace Draven, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 39 pages, published 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...