Sunday, February 14, 2021

Night Tide by Grace Draven

 

🍎🍎🍎🍎

After getting caught up with Milla Vane's A Gathering of Dragons series, I immediately jumped back into Grace Draven's Wraith Kings. The next book in the series is the novella Night Tide. So excited to continue this series for FaRoFeb!

So knowing that book two still focuses on Brishen and Ildiko, I was surprised to meet a new heroine and hero. Zigana is the bastard daughter of the local nobleman, but lives with her birth mother and father (in all aspects) in a costal city as a trawler. She has a wonderful horse Gitta (that seems sort of magical and/or special). He half sister returns with her husband and reunites with Ziga. She learns of her daughter and finally meets her husband, Andras. They have been banished from the city due to Andras' father starting a rebellion. Andras smartly did not join, so they have been banished.

At the same time there is some creepy skeletal monster thing using a melancholic siren type of call to bring villagers to the water to die. Ziga and Gitta end up meeting Andras on the beach when her father is threatened and destroy the creature. There seems to be a spark between Ziga and Andras. I'm super intrigued to see how this story will fit in as we move along. Being as the name of the series is Wraith Kings, we still have yet to learn what exactly a Wraith King is and who they are. I'm hoping that Andras is one. At the end of the novella there's a note from the author that they'll be back in book 5, but only the first three books are out. I feel like the story felt resolved, but it definitely left me wanting more in a good way. I can't wait to get to the next little novella and then start Eidolon!

Have you read Night Tide?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Night Tide, Grace Draven, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 72 pages, published 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...