Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Radiance by Grace Draven

 

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

My third book for FaRoFeb was Radiance by Grace Draven! This is the first book in her Wraith Kings series. I have heard great things about Grace, specifically this and her Master of Crows series. I was very excited to try her for the first time and absolutely adore the cover.

I LOVED this book. 5-billion stars. This is kind of a friends to lovers trope despite Brishen and Ildiko being married in the first chapter. There are so many things that made this book for me. I guess I'll just start going down the list. Brishen is such a great hero. He's part cinnamon roll and part bad-ass. I love it when characters are strong AND nice. I also loved that even though they thought each other's race was hideous, he was constantly kissing her palm and knuckles and always found ways to touch Ildiko in little ways. Being that's a love language of mine, I was all in. It also helped build the tension between the two in a subtle way. 

I loved how Ildiko stood up to Brishen's mother and father and didn't falter despite how terrified she was on the inside. She saw Brishen as himself and I loved how attracted to his personality she was from the get go. The world building was also done subtlety and didn't feel at all like an info dump. It's always helpful when one of the main characters is learning this new world/magic system/etc along with the reader. It just feels so much more natural. I also loved the way their relationship moved from being friends to a couple in love and lovers in all sense of the word. When Brishen was kidnapped and tortured at the end, I love that Ildiko still stayed strong and was there for him despite the injuries he suffered. I'm so excited to get to book two after the craziness in the epilogue. I was surprised to see that we still have Brishen and Ildiko as the main couple in Eidolon, but it looks like we'll change couples from there.

Have you read Radiance?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Radiance, Grave Draven, 5-stars, 1 day, eBook, 297 pages, Published 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...