Friday, February 19, 2021

Steele Your Soul by Decadent Kane

🍎🍎

The second book I read for the Lunar New Year Readathon (hosted by LaceyBookLovers and remarkablylisa) was Steele Your Soul by Decadent Kane. This is book 3 in her Trouble with Elves series. After my huge tbr for the readathon with all my options, I ended up picking something not on my radar for either. I did want to read something that would also work for FaRoFeb. After scrolling and going through my kindle, goodreads and my tbr, I finally settled on this. I have not read the first two books in this series, which is rare for me. Usually I read things in order. 

I'm not sure if starting with this book meant I missed something? Maybe a little bit of world-building? I don't know if I'll go back to read the first book at this point. Okay, so this book is definitely more novella or even short story length. At first we see Elven pirate Joren Steele. He looks off of his boat and meets eyes with Pepper. She has just left a meeting with a drow (evil elf) woman that has sold her some special spice. In her mind, she mentions something about him possibly being fated mates since she feels a pull of attraction to him she's never felt before. 

Something happens and she ends up on his boat. Then the drow working with Joren tries to steal her and rape her. While this is happening Joren runs into his "lady" at this dock and they get intimate in an alley. First of all, I know that they just met, but to immediately have Jorean sleep with someone else I didn't like. Then after the whole thing with Tide, he takes this other woman to his ship and they hang out all night. We see Joren sleeping with this other woman MORE than the entire relationship of him and Pepper. Not cool. Then she's kidnapped, blahdy-blahdy-blah and he ends up saving her at the cost of his ship. Then they have "thank god we're alive sex" in a cave before the drown king magically floats them to him. Then it was the end. 

This is two-stars because I was intrigued by the world and dynamic of normal elves vs drow. It seems that they get some sort of disease that causes them to lose(?) their soul and all elves has this disease inside them. It's just when it gets activated, if it does. I just wish that it either went full fated mates or just strait insta-lust erotica. I didn't like, as mentioned above, we saw more sexy times with another woman that wasn't our heroine. As as soon as they kind of got together, end of book. I would love to see an extended version of this book. I definitely would love more Elf fantasy romances, especially dealing with the drow element. Makes my table-top gamer heart happy.

Have you read Steele Your Soul?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Steele Your Soul, Decadent Kane, 2-stars, 0 days, eBook, 59 pages, published 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...