Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Forbidden Miles by Claire Kingsley

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The first book I picked up in 2022 had to be the continuation of Claire Kingsley's Miles Family series! The second book is Forbidden Miles. I was able to use this for the Winter's Kiss prompt meant to read in 2021. I also applied this to the Heaving Bosoms' 2022 Reading Embrace prompt Prelude to a Wet Hump.

We pick up shortly after Broken Miles. Chase is Cooper's best friend since kindergarten and the local large machinery mechanic. When he stops for dinner at the diner, he mentally comments on a couple making out in the back booth. When he sees that it's the youngest Miles, Brynn, something in his head flips. Growing up he had always put her in the off limit zone and almost saw her as invisible. Unbeknownst to him, Brynn had the biggest crush on Chase growing up. Now that Chase cannot stop seeing Brynn as more than just Cooper's sister, he's come to the realization that she's the one girl to stop his party boy ways.

Oh my gosh! I just feel like I'm going to go on Claire Kingsley binge and say the same thing over and over for each of these reviews, but I love Claire Kingsley. The way that she writes is so sweet and heartwarming and I adore her to pieces. Chase is kind of the stereotypical party boy with Cooper, but once he sees Brynn in a new light he immediately recognizes that this is different. He knows it's her and nobody else and doesn't stop. What's nice is that Brynn had to assess if this was just her childhood crush on her end, but once she realizes it's more she's also all in. All of the conflicts were external and I loved how much they just wanted to be together. They were constantly saying how even if it was just to sleep next to each other, they wanted to get together every night. And by sleep they really just meant sleep (although let's be honest, Chase can get it).

I was a little frustrated with how long Cooper wasn't on board, but once he was he was in 1000%. I know that Cooper's book is next and I can't wait. He is such a loveable goofball, especially with Chase. I loved that this wasn't just Chase and Brynn figuring out their relationship, but also Chase and Cooper. They are the ultimate bromance and I loved seeing the struggles between them to figure out how their friendship was going to look now that Chase's #1 was changing. It was just so touching and lifelike to show that not only do you have to work at and be open in a romantic relationship, but also for a true friendship. It was beautiful all around. I do have one little nitpick, I wish that the conflict with Chase's ex just didn't happen. I feel like there was enough emotional conflict for our boys with what happened with the Miles's father. Which he better get his comeuppance pretty soon. I trust Claire, but I'm sick of him coming in and ruining our character's lives.

Forbidden Miles was such a great choice to start 2022 with and I'm happy my first read of the year was a 5-star! I can't wait to pick up the rest of the series and get through the rest of Claire's backlist. I'm so happy to have rediscovered her a couple months ago and can't wait. Just as a little side note, she announced in a newsletter recently that there will be a 3rd spinoff series about the Havens set in Tilikum (where the Bailey Brothers is set). I can't wait to see the other side of the feud! If you haven't read Claire Kingsley yet and enjoy small town contemporary romances, definitely pick her up ASAP!

Have you read Forbidden Miles?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Forbidden Miles, Claire Kingsley, 5-stars, 1 day, eBook, 316 page, published in 2018, indie published

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...