Friday, January 21, 2022

Reckless Miles by Claire Kingsley

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

With a little more free time, I had to continue my Claire Kingsley binge of the Miles Family series! The third book is Reckless Miles. I used this read to cover the prompt Small Town for the first board of Winter's Kiss. Also, my favorite romance podcast, Smart Women Read Romance, did an episode on this book as well! I was also able to use this for the prompt Lady Love for the Heaving Bosoms' 2022 Reading Embrace.

Cooper is still trying to get used to Chase and Brynn being together and losing the two people he hung out with the most. When he's at the local tavern, he runs into Amelia. She was just left at the alter and is hanging out at the tavern trying to figure out what she's going to do. Having been raised pretty much in boarding schools, she's a little bit of a fish out of water. They connect and Amelia asks Cooper back to her honeymoon suite. They have a magic connection and Amelia decides to stay at the winery for a Cooper-moon instead of taking her honeymoon. When everything just seems to fall into place for them both, Amelia questions if it's really what she wants and if she's just letting life happen to her.

Oh my gosh, this book was magic. I loved Cooper even more and he's so freaking swoony. I loved that he tried to hold back and not be his Cooper self as much in confessing to Amelia when he was in love with her and wanted her to stay forever. I also loved that we get a normal conversation about Amelia being a virgin. It's not a really made a big deal, but Cooper does acknowledge that he does feel a little bit of pressure to be her first and make sure it's good for them both. I just loved the way it was discussed and she wasn't put up on a pedestal or treated weird for not having experience. Also, Amelia is plus size which also done really well.

Honestly, their connection really made this book for me. I was swept away by Cooper along with Amelia and loved that they both had overactive brains and could really understand each other. I loved that most of the other Miles Family were flabbergasted that Amelia "spoke Cooper." It was just so good. I didn't like it when Amelia left for the "3rd act conflict," but I understood why she needed to get a little bit of space. I also loved though that it didn't take long for her to feel like she left her home and just wanted to go back to Cooper and the winery. Also, I hate their father. The Miles patriarch needs to just go the freak away and leave our family alone. I hated him in this book and really hope he gets his comeuppance in the next book.

There are two books left, Leo is the next. The last book in the series is more novella length and Shannon's 2nd chance at love (she's the mom). I can't wait to finish the series and continue getting through the back list of Claire Kingsley! I'm also excited because she mentioned that Levi's book (the last in the Bailey Brothers) should be out this year and she also has plans to do another spin-off that's based on the Havens that's also set in Tilikum. I can't wait to see what she writes next!

Have you read Reckless Miles?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Reckless Miles, Claire Kingsley, 5-stars, 2 days, eBook, 362 pages, published in 2018, indie published

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...