Saturday, January 29, 2022

Using Fejo by Victoria Aveline

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The second book I read for the Romance Takeover Readathon was Using Fejo by Victoria Aveline. This is her newest release and the 5th book in the Clecanian series. This covered the prompts new release and 5-star prediction. I also used this to cover the prompt new release for the first board of Winter's Kiss and HB author for the Heaving Bosom's 2022 Reading Embrace.

Fejo is a traveler and a Cleclanian from the planet Huvuita. He's been under the thumb of Klinara and has been doing some smuggling and more gray area services for her. Since he has become a citizen of Tremanta, he's been working as a double agent to help the Queen of Tremanta build a case against Klinara. When the human Vanessa chooses Fejo in the marriage trials, he is beyond ecstatic to finally have a wife. Vanessa however is planning on using Fejo and his clearance to leave the planet to find a way back to Earth and her sick sister. When they start to get close and feelings develop, Fejo and Vanessa struggle to open up to each other and still be able to get everything they both want.

I absolutely loved Fejo and Vanessa. This felt a little bit on the angstier side, but I loved how I kept expecting something to be drawn out or be the 3rd act conflict, but she kept resolving the issues between Fejo and Vanessa. I absolutely loved it, even more so since the real 3rd act conflict was external. Ugh, Fejo was so sweet and tried to hard to get Vanessa to like him. He was so tired of getting used by those around him and just wanted someone to want him and want to be with him. It really gutted me and my heart really went out to Fejo. I loved that he had his space pirate captain alpha vibes at times, but then was also such a freaking cinnamon roll towards Vanessa.

There were a couple times where I struggled with Vanessa, but once she started opening up to Fejo about why she was depressed, guilty and had to get home was also heart-wrenching in it's own way. I just loved so much about this book. I also enjoyed seeing more of Victoria's expanded universe. While a lot of time was spent on the ship, it was still really cool to learn about the different ports and other worlds out there. We've been pretty much exploring Trementa and the other cities on the planet they women all ended up, and it was really interesting to learn not only about other places, but some other races of aliens. 

I love Victoria Aveline's books and can't wait for more. We get a little scene with Rhaego and I really want to see his book. I'm also intrigued because I feel like we might get Julie (Vanessa's sister) in a book in the future as well. They also ended up rescuing 12 more women, so there's hopefully a lot more couples in our future. If you enjoy Sci-Fi romance, please check out Victoria Aveline. She has one of my favorite Sci-Fi series ever.

Have you read Using Fejo?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Using Fejo, Victoria Aveline, 5-stars, 1 day, eBook, 312 pages, published in 2022, indie published

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...