Monday, January 17, 2022

Broken Miles by Claire Kinglsey

🍎🍎🍎🍎

The last book I read for 2021 was the first in Claire Kingsley's Miles Family, Broken Miles! I was able to apply this to the Winter's Kiss prompt on Shelby's tbr.

Roland receives a phone call from his younger brother Leo. Their family owns the Salishan Winery and he has found out that they are in financial trouble thanks to their father's poor management. When Roland comes home from San Francisco to the small town in Washington he grew up in, it's more than just reconnecting with his family that he hasn't seen in 18 months. Zoe, Roland's ex-wife and high school sweetheart, works for the winery as the event manager. When the Miles family implodes and Zoe and Roland finally hash out their feelings and divorce, they start to reconnect. It's hard for them both to restart a relationship, even more so Zoe since she already had her heart destroyed by Roland once.

Oh my gosh, this was such a great read and way to finish off the year. I read so much contemporary romance in 2021 and found a lot a good authors. I was able to rediscover Claire Kingsley and was immediately sucked back into the world. It was also fun to see Grace (from the Bailey Brothers) from the Miles family point of view. There's something about Claire Kingsley's writing that's just so comforting and draws you into the families and small towns she creates.

Technically this book is a 4.5 star rating for me, but since this was the last book of 2021, I hadn't officially moved over to using 1/2 stars yet. Now, the reason why I had to dock it 1/2 a star was how long it took Zoe and Roland to get back together. I get there was a lot of set up for the family and a lot that Zoe and Roland had to work through. It took too long for them to even "bang it out", and that was at almost 60%. They didn't officially start dating again until like 70ish %. Once they got together we had a couple little time jumps. I just wanted to see them happy and together in the present more. I still loved it, but it bothered me enough that I had to do a little dock.

I loved getting back to Claire Kingsley and finally starting the Miles Family. I have a little bit of time in the new year before picking up some book club/readalong books, so we'll see how many I get through! I am so happy to read more and just find it crazy that I'm ending 2021 and starting 2022 with contemporary romance. How things have changed!

Have you read Broken Miles?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi Apple


STATISTICS: Broken Miles, Claire Kingsley, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 296 pages, published in 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...