Monday, January 3, 2022

2022 Updates!

 Happy New Year!

I hope you had a great end of the year for 2021 and many wonderful things come to you in 2022. Before we start getting into my reading wrap ups for December and 2021, I wanted to do a little update for things that I'll be changing in 2022.

First off, scheduling. This can be in flux, but I am going to stick to wrap ups, tbrs and other info dump posts going up on Tuesday and Thursdays. If I start to get backed up on reviews, I might also post them on the weekends. At the very least this will keep reviews for MWF. Not since I have a lot of wrap up stuff, the reviews will be slimmer this week, but next week we'll get back to my new schedule. I tend to read a lot more in late winter and spring, so it might change slightly, but I'm going to try to go with that moving forward.

As for posts, I mainly want to keep this blog for reviews and my readathon wrap ups. I've thought about moving to instagram or using reels or something, but I just like being able to write my thoughts down. It really helps me with my reviews and it's something that's more accessible for me at this point. However, I am going to try to do more book tags. Maybe one every other month or so, but I mainly want to use them for when I slow down a little. I also want to look at doing new release posts for each quarter. I have been more aware this past year of newer releases and am hoping to stay more on top of new releases where I'm caught up. I thought about starting to do ARCs, but I read so much now and have so many backlists I'd like to get through, I don't know if I want to start doing ARC reviews, but we'll see what happens. If you didn't know, ARC stands for Advanced Reader Copy and usually sent out before release for reviews.

As for my ratings, I started using 1/2 stars at times throughout the year and am officially going to use 1/2-stars moving forward. I'm not sure how I'll be doing my apples, maybe the green will count as a half star? I guess when I get to my first 1/2-star review I'll have to figure it out. Also changing in my statistics area is genres. Last year I had dark and sports and contemporary all separate. This year I'm going to put everything under contemporary. Then I'll do a secondary breakdown of the contemporaries I read. I'll be able to adjust as we go, but right now I have the sub-sub-genres as Dark, New Adult, Rom-Com, Small Town and Sports. I am also going to be tracking how books are published. I have three options, traditional, small publisher and independent. I think the extra breakdown in these stats will be fun and I'm looking forward to see how it looks each month and over the year.

For now that's the most obvious changes. If there's anything you have thoughts about or want me to extrapolate on, let me know! I have updated my google form that I use to track my books and made a copy for you to use if you'd like. I love using it because I can get all the responses in google sheets and play with it from there. If you'd like to see my stats list just let me know and I can pass along a copy of it as well! For a little layout, I have a screenshot of my Stats page (yes I have every month and genre color coded)!

I'm really excited to see how the changes will work this year and how the extra data I'm going to collect will factor in to my reading enjoyment. Just a little sneak peek for what's coming over the next couple weeks: I plan on posting my December 2021 Wrap Up, 2021 Wrap Up, 2022 Quarter 1 releases and 2021 favorites. I'm sure the 2022 Heaving Bosoms' Reading Embrace list will be up soon, so there'll probably be a tbr/idea list posted for that later this month. We also have the Romance Take Over Readathon happening in over the weekend of the 14th so I'll have my tbr for that up later this week as well!

Are you changing your reading tracking this year?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...