Thursday, January 6, 2022

Romance Takeover Readathon TBR

Update: Wrap Up is posted!

 It's time for the first readathon of 2022! Crystal, Jenn, Riley and Bree are hosting the next round of the  Romance Takeover Readathon. It'll run next weekend, from Friday January 14th through Monday the 17th. I like that they are doing a 4 day weekend this time. Once again we get a create your own bingo board! Here are the two boards and prompt lists.


This will be the first time I take part in this readathon. I am excited for the option to create your bingo board again. With it just being over a weekend I went for the smaller bingo board and varied up my options so I can meet some easier (I already have one done - follow all the hosts!). Below is the bingo board I created. I will be using books to cover as many prompts as possible. Below my board will be my idea list/tbr!

πŸ’™ For new release my mind immediately goes to the newest Clecanian book that should come out on the 12th, Using Fejo. The series is by Victoria Aveline and is one of my favorite sci-fi series!

πŸ’™ I also never got around to Jackie Lau first traditionally published book Donut Fall in Love. It would count for POC author, romance I didn't get to, 5-star prediction and romance I didn't get to in 2021 at the very least. She also released a surprise novella A Very Beery New Year around Christmas for her Cider Bar Sisters series that I want to read!

πŸ’™ Another new release option would be Stacy Reid's latest book in her Sinful Wallflowers series, Scoundrel of Her Own. This would cover new release, historical romance, POC author and 5-star prediction.

πŸ’™ Another option that would cover quite a few prompts would be the Rake Appreciation January book, Ravishing the Heiress by Sherry Thomas. This is the second book in her Fitzugh Trilogy, but I'm not sure if I'll read the first book before this one. Anyways, it can cover historical romance, poc author and author you've never read.

πŸ’™ For small town romance, I have a couple options. One would be to continue my reread of Jill Shalvis's Lucky Harbor series. While it would cover small town, since it's a reread I don't think it'd cover much more.

πŸ’™ Also for small town I was thinking of finally starting the Miles Family series by Claire Kingsley. That would cover a few more prompts than Jill Shalvis, but I also think that they are a little longer.

πŸ’™ Another small town option I'm thinking of is Drive Me Wild by Melanie Harlow. She would be a new author for me and I've heard great things about her books and more specifically the Bellamy Creek series. I now that small town option would cover even more prompts.

There are more templates on their instagrams including a currently reading, tbr and mini review. I am super excited to be kind of get to mood read and do what I want. I'm also hoping to double up on some prompts for Winter's Kiss as well. I made my board by picking 9 prompts then using a number generator. I didn't want to make it too easy on myself. Now that the holidays are over, I think I can get back to my 3 books a weekend pace and hopefully I can pick 3 that'll give me at least a bingo if not a full blackout. I'll be updating in my instagram stories over the weekend, so follow me there if you want to see what I'm ready while it happens!

Will you be participating in the Romance Takeover Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...