Tuesday, July 6, 2021

GoodReads June 2021 Challenge - Wedding Season

 So a surprise challenge I teased a couple of times was with the Romance Readers Reading Challenge group on goodreads. One of the June 2021 challenges was Wedding Season. There was a spinner wheel with 16 prompts. They were separated into two sections, I do and I don't prompts. Some of the reading choices I made this month that seemed like an odd jump were books that matched my next spin and my other challenges. Once I got later in the month I removed the prompts for books I already fulfilled to try to hit them all. While some of the books I read might cover the prompts I had remaining, I just didn't get that spin at the time. They did allow for respin if you received a prompt you already completed, but if I had a couple books in mind that fit what wanted to do next I didn't always respin. I'll list them in order I spun below with the corresponding prompt. Hopefully this will help provide anyone looking for books that fit these prompts in other challenges/readathons some options. I'll list the unfulfilled prompts below.

1. I Don't - RAB (read a book) that's been on your tbr 6+ months - Mercenary Princess by Setta Jay

2. I Don't - RAB with a dark colored cover - A Bullet Between Us by K. Dosal

3. I Don't - RAB with family conflict or drama - Ruthless Creatures by JT Geissinger

4. I Do - RAB where the main characters travel - Aubin by Annabelle Rex

5. I Do - RAB with blue on the cover - Indigo by Beverly Jenkins

6. I Do - RAB where the main characters travel - Savage Lover by Sophie Lark

7. I Don't - RAB with a dark colored cover - Bloody Heart by Sophie Lark

8. I Do - RAB added to your tbr within the last 6 months - Broken Vow by Sophie Lark

9. I Don't - RAB with a t-shirt on the cover - Sheets & Giggles by Megan Wade

10. I Don't - RAB with a dark colored cover - Heavy Crown by Sophie Lark

11. I Do - RAB a book with a white/cream/pale colored cover - Off the Record by Chelle Sloan

12. I Do - RAB with insta-love or a possessive or alpha hero - Pizza My Heart by Frankie Love

13. I Do - RAB you borrowed - The Professor Next Door by Jackie Lau

14. I Don't - RAB with enemies to lovers or is a heartbreaker - Teach Me by Olivia Dade

15. I Do - RAB with insta-love or a possessive or alpha hero - Zander's Firecracker by Ember Flint

16. I Don't - RAB that's been on my tbr 6+ months - Untamed by Elizabeth Lowell

17. I Don't - RAB that's been on my tbr 6+ months - 40-Love by Olivia Dade

18. I Don't - RAB with a dark colored cover - A Lady of Rooksgrave Manor by Kathryn Moon

19. I Don't - RAB you have been avoiding - The Duke I Tempted by Scarlett Peckham

20. I Do - Read a new release - The Wrong Marquess by Vivienne Lorret


The prompts I wasn't able to get to are: 

- I Don't - RAB with an isolated/reclusive/loner MC

- I Do - RAB with formal clothing on the cover

- I Don't - RAB with a ménage or harem theme or a slow-burn romance


I ended up with 11 I don't prompts, so I guess I'm saying "I Don't" to June? It was a fun extra challenge to find books to meet these prompts as well as ones from my other summer challenges. If you like participating in challenges I highly recommend joining the group. They usually have several different ones going on at once with different goals and prompts. This is the first challenge I've participated in with this group and will definitely keep an eye out for future challenges.

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...