Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Historical Romance Readathon Wrap Up

 Another readathon is over. I had a lot of fun last week bingeing historical romances for the Historical Romance Readathon. It was hosted by the lovely Jess, Lacey and Lisa once again. I also participated in most of the instagram prompts this time as well which was a lot of fun. There was a live wrap up on Sunday the 4th, but I did miss it. I had 4th of July plans. I did extend the readathon until Monday night though since not only did I have my Sunday afternoon planned, but we ended up going to the Greeley Stampede on Saturday afternoon. I only had a half-day of work on Monday, so I gave myself that afternoon to finish any books I had started.

Below is my final bingo board and I'll list out my books in order of completion. Since I finally started and got through an audiobook, those I was able to start but took a little longer to get through since at home I just stuck to reading in paperback. That's another fun thing I was able to accomplish this readathon, all of my reads were either books I already owned in paperback or audiobooks I rented through my library via hoopla!

1. A Lady of Rooksgrave Manor by Kathryn Moon 🍎🍎🍎🍎

2. The Duke I Tempted by Scarlett Peckham 🍎🍎🍎🍎

3. The Wrong Marquess by Vivienne Lorret 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

4. Olivia and the Masked Duke by Grace Callaway 🍎🍎🍎🍎

5. The Earl I Ruined by Scarlett Peckham 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

6. The Rogue of Fifth Avenue by Joanna Shupe 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎


Overall my favorite is hands down The Wrong Marquess. Like I've mentioned before, it was one of my most anticipated releases this year and it surpassed all of my expectations. Vivienne Lorret is quickly becoming one of my favorite modern day historical authors and I can't wait for more! I need to finish up her backlist as well. I also want to reread the first series I read from her since it's been a few years. The most disappointing would have to be The Duke I Tempted. I enjoyed it, but I feel like the hype let me down a little bit. The dynamics between Poppy and Archer I didn't enjoy sometimes, especially with his constant push and pull with her.

I'm super happy to get more historicals read and also get to some new authors. I'm excited for the next round if they have another one later this year! Jess, Lacey and Lisa always do such a great job and have such gorgeous graphics. I'll definitely have to catch up on the live show when I have a chance. Historical is one of my favorite romance subgenres and I'll take any excuse to binge it! While I didn't quite meet my goal of 7 books, I feel like all the books I read were on the longer side. Also with all the other plans I had going on I definitely felt short on time. I'm still pleased with what I was able to get through.

Did you participate in the Historical Romance Readathon this round?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...