Saturday, June 19, 2021

Giggles & Sheets by Megan Wade

🍎🍎🍎🍎

After finishing Broken Vow and watching the Rake Appreciation live show for Indigo, I wanted a quick novella read before jumping into Heavy Crown. I originally was thinking of going back to sci-fi, but the sci-fi romance novellas I've been into lately aren't really novellas and more in the 200+ page range. I went through my other novellas and decided to finally try a Megan Wade. I have most of her books on my kindle and thought why not finally give her a try. I went the first book in her Happy Curves series, Sheets & Giggles. I applied this to the Summer of Swoon prompt blue on the cover.

This is a quick romp about Ellie, a writer. She has a new neighbor and there's been some banging on the wall since he moved in. His name is Ashton and she mistakes the banging as him having relations with a lady she's seen visiting him daily. She mistakes this banging and they end up getting together.

Now this is a short book and I was looking for a short novella, but I did wish that it was a little longer and in the 75-100 page range. They have a sexy and whirlwind weekend and it's just kind of mentioned. I do wish we would've seen more of that time of them together. It's very insta-love and the characters are self-aware to realize that it's very quick. This is right what I was looking for and the 4-stars is for what this is. It was sweet, the steam scenes were good and I found myself chuckling a few times. Like I mentioned, I just wish it was a little longer and saw more of their connection outside of the steamy scenes. The epilogue was also super cute.

I don't want to go on too much more since this novella is less than 50 pages, so I don't want my review to be longer. It it was it says it is, an insta-love, sweet, steamy, feel good read. I'll definitely try more of Megan's books and am excited for her newest Wrong, Wright series. 

Have you read Sheets & Giggles?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Giggles & Sheets, Megan Wade, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 47 pages, published in 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...