Friday, July 30, 2021

Snow by Sophie Lark

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

Moving along in Sophie Lark's Underworld series, book 2 is Snow. As I mentioned in my previous review of Ivan, Sophie is going to be on Jenn's (The Book Refuge) channel on August 7th to celebrate the end of her Kingmakers series. During the previous live show, she and Mr. Lark mentioned that it was best to read her Brutal Birthright series, then the Underworld until Snow before going to the Kingmakers. Thankfully Snow is book 2 and I don't have more to cram in before the 7th. I was also able to apply this to the prompt indie romance for the Summer of Swoon board 2.

Snow is an underground boxer/fighter in St. Petersburg. He's working on improving high enough in the rankings to join a tournament and earn good money. He'd like to eventually move to America to fight professionally. Our heroine is Sasha. She just graduated from medical school and arrives home to find her family destitute after their restaurant started failing and her father now owes a lot of money to one of the local Bratva families. In exchange for what's owed, she offers her service as a private doctor. Snow meets Sasha and one of the fights, run by the same mafioso.

I loved this book. Sasha and Snow were both so sweet on each other. I loved how they both were able to really see the other person and not be drawn into each other's appearances. I loved how protective Snow was to Sasha, but it ended up being Sasha protecting herself and family when it came down to it. We do get a little cameo of Ivan and Sloane which was cute, but I almost wish that there was more done with them. It was almost laid out that Sloane was going to do or say something, but it never happened. This also was a little more insta-love, but it felt more believable here for me. I love Snow and Sasha and am intrigued how Snow will fit into the Kingmakers series. 

There was a lot more brutality in this and I was really uncomfortable reading Sasha's pov, especially when being paraded in front of the other bratva boss. I haven't read too many fighter romances though, so it was really interesting to see behind the scenes a little bit. I've heard good things about quite a few mma/fighter romances lately, and this certainly helped move them up my tbr. 

I can't wait to jump over the Kingmakers and hopefully it lives up to the hype. I'm a little nervous since it's really been blowing up on bookstagram and booktube lately, especially with the release of the final book earlier this week. I do plan to come back and finish the Underworld series as well as the few standalones Sophie's written. It just won't be as pressing for me to binge it.

Have you read Snow?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Snow, Sophie Lark, 5-stars, 1 day, eBook, 312 pages, published in 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...