Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo Mid-Challenge Update

Update: Wrap up is posted!

Happy Hump Day!

I can't believe we're over half-way through July. I've been doing pretty good on my summer challenges and don't have too much left for the Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo. In case you missed my original tbr or haven't heard of it, let me do a quick info dump. Ribbed Bodice is the first romance only bookstore that is in California. For the past few years they've done a summer bingo challenge and you can enter up to to 5 times to win prizes! That's four different bingos and then blackout! To enter and learn more, check out their website! The challenge runs through August 31st, so you still have time to join if you'd like!

Above is the blank bingo board and below is where I'm currently at as of this morning. I have a couple ideas for the rest of the prompts and will list them below! I'll stick to the prompts that I have left and go over all my reads and the corresponding prompts during my wrap up.

🦩 The July book for the Ravished by Romance book club is A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet. This would cover the circus prompt. I'm hoping to get to this in time for the book club meeting at the end of the month and is a series I've been intrigued by since I learned about it during FaRoFeb.

🦩 Another prompt I have narrowed down is demigods. I have in paperback a two novella bind up by Katie MacAlister called Ain't Myth-Behaving that I've been wanting to read since I found it used. Now's the time to finally get to it!

🦩 The last prompt I have narrowed down is triplets. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with Offside by Juliana Stone which focuses on a heroine that is not only a triplet, but also a female hockey player! The other option I'm debating between is a new book I found yesterday, How to Seduce a Duke. It's part of a trilogy by Kathryn Caskie about triplet sisters and the first book has my favorite trope!

🦩 Defense Attorney is a prompt I have several ideas for that I also mentioned in my tbr. I ended up starting Overruled by Emma Chase last night!

🦩 For reality tv I'm still thinking of picking up one of Olivia Dade's Love Unscripted series. I was also intrigued by Single Dad Seeks Juliet by Max Monroe. I don't think it's about characters on a reality show, but it's definitely inspired by the Bachelor franchise. There's a couple other bachelor inspired romances I've recently added to my tbr as well that I might pick up.

🦩 Graphic novel is one that I can easily meet. I have a lot of options if I spread this prompt to include comics, manga, and/or webtoons. I have read all in the past but just need to make a decision either way. I'll probably pick back up my webtoon app. I follow quite a few stories on there, but tend to leave it sit for a month or so and then binge all the episodes updated. Others tend to read every week, but I like to sit and read more than one episode at a time. To qualify I would want to either read an entire series or for the longer running ones, one season.

🦩 The last prompt I have is protagonist that smells like bread. I'm still a little stumped on this one. I fee like I saw somewhere that Mad About Ewe by Susannah Nix and Sweethand by NG Peltier both have main characters that smell like bread. Mad About Ewe was already on my tbr and is about a yarn shop owner, so I'm slightly leaning more towards that one.

I've only got 7 prompts left so that should easily be doable by the end of August! As soon as I read my last book for blackout I'll post my wrap up. If you want to see what I'm reading as I go along, feel free to follow me on instagram. I've been posting any challenge updates as I read a book in my stories and also have all my challenges saved as highlights!

Are you participating in the Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...