Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Forms and Tracking

Happy New Moon in Capricorn!

I'm still up in the air on doing quick reviews either weekly bi-monthly, or what my schedule is going to be exactly, however I think to make things more achievable I'm going to go based on how much I'm reading and what else is going on. Hopefully this weekend I'll get my first few reviews up!

Today, however, I'd like to go over what I'm doing for tracking yearly challenges I've signed up for.

I know there are a lot of different ways to track your reading, the easiest being just using Goodreads. I wanted to do some more statistical work (nerd alert!) on what I'm reading and thought it'd be fun to look at pie and column charts at the end of the year. So, after looking at several different options (google sheets, air table, etc.), I've settled on Google Forms. I created a form that tracks the information I'd like to extrapolate on. I heard about this from the podcast Black Chick Lit and loved the idea. As I submit responses it'll auto-sync into a google sheet, which can then easily be used to create all the fun (and nerdy) statistics I'll enjoy looking at. In case anybody is interested in the form, here is a link to a copy. Feel free to make a copy for yourself and adjust as needed!

It's just a start (and I've only read a few books so far), but see the below screenshot of what my statistical sheet is currently set up as (and most definitely subject to change).


As for yearly reading challenges, I've officially signed up for two (so far). One is the basic, Goodreads reading challenge. I only put 150 for this year. Not sure why, but I just though I'd lower by goal this year. This will still be easily met though since several times in a year I get in "I only want to read" moods. Also, with this blog I'm going to participating and allowing myself to be more accountable in book clubs and read-a-thons. The second reading "challenge" I've joined is Heaving Bosom's Reading Embrace. It's a low key (20 books) challenge that has themes based on funny things that have happened on the podcast. (P.S. Heaving Bosoms is my second favorite romancelandia podcast and I love Melody and Erin's banter. It always has me laughing along!)

To keep up with tracking on these challenges, I'll add the goodreads widget that shows my progress to a sidebar. I will (hopefully soon) be doing a post that I can update as needed for the Reading Embrace (and link once it's up). Feel free to join me in these and any challenges upcoming!

Bookishly Yours,
Stasi 🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...