Thursday, January 21, 2021

A Daring Arrangement by Joanna Shupe

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

 I started A Daring Arrangement by Joanna Shupe, the first book in her Four Hundred Series for the Historical Romance Readathon hosted by LaceyBookLoversPeaceLoveBooksxo, and remarkablylisa! Book three, A Notorious Vow, is the buddy read. I, of course, have to read them in order. Joanna Shupe is a new author to me and I've heard many great things about her Uptown Girls and Knickerbocker Club series. Boy am I glad to finally dig in to her backlist.

Oh my gosh, I loved this book (and series). I've read A LOT of regency time period, but nothing set in America at that time, known as the Gilded Age. It's a bit of a spoiler, but this was my favorite in the series. The main trope is a fake relationship, and I'm here for it! I loved the craziness of Julius and their first meeting was absolutely great. I was laughing so hard at his birthday party on horseback. Honora, going by Nora, is such a breath of fresh air. She's a bit more of a "wild child" for regency times, but being set in America gave her a bit more freedom to be herself. She is a bluestocking and just trying to get back to her "love" Robert in England. 

Their chemistry was so good and every intimate encounter between them was so steamy. The relationship moved at a good pace and I didn't find myself wishing that they had done this or that before finally going "all the way." They really matched well as a pair. I also loved that Nora's Aunt Bea really knew what was going on the entire time and kept encouraging Nora towards Julius. I read this in one sitting and immediately started on book 2 (yay weekends without any plans)! I have since finished the entire series (on Sunday) and am definitely moving Joanna Shupe's backlist up on by tbr list. My reviews for books 2 and 3 will be coming soon!

Have you read A Daring Arrangement?

Bookishly Yours, 

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: A Daring Arrangement, Joanna Shupe, 5-stars, 1 Day, eBook, 384 pages, Published 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...