Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The Lost Duke of Wyndham by Julia Quinn

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎


My first re-read of 2021 was the first in Julia Quinn's Duology, The Lost Duke of Wyndham. Both books were chosen for the Rake Appreciation Society hosted by Crystal and Jen on youtube.
It's been a while since I've re-read any Julia Quinn and I'm happy the Bridgerton show brought cause for me to revisit her backlist. First off, I am slightly biased towards Julia's writing. It's just so quippy and the banter is on point.
Description:

I love Jack. He's the charming rake that gets kidnapped into a family he didn't know he had (and didn't necessarily want). Grace is his saving grace (pun most definitely intended) to deal with the Dowager. I love their relationship and the way it progresses throughout the book. Grace and Jack try to stay away from each other and not tempt ruination, but I love that pretty early on Jack decides Grace is it for him. The way Julia Quinn writes just makes me feel so much when reading. I find myself smiling like a loon or laughing out loud. She evens brings us to understand the Dowager and her curmudgeonly ways in the end. And this without it seeming like the neat little bow at the end of a book. She's still curmudgeonly, but we're able to reach some form of empathy towards her.

If you haven't tried any of Julia Quinn's books, she's a great foray into historical romance and I couldn't recommend her more!

Have you read The Lost Duke of Wyndham?

Bookishly yours,

Stasi🍎

STATISTICS: The Lost Duke of Wyndham, Julia Quinn, 5-stars, 6 days, eBook, 371 pages, Published 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...