Friday, January 22, 2021

A Scandalous Deal by Joanna Shupe

 

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

After reading A Daring Arrangement by Joanna Shupe, I immediately started A Scandalous Deal, book two in the Four Hundred series. I loved this book, another 5-stars! While (if forced to decide) this is my second favorite of the series, I still really enjoyed it.

We meet Eva, a friend of Lady Nora on the way to New York. Her father is a famous architect, but declining in health. For the past 22 months she's been taking over her jobs as his "secretary." Eva meets our hero Phillip on the ship to America and immediately there are sparks (despite his sea sickness). I love that they keep running into each other and have this instant connection on the ship. Little do either of them know, Phillip is the gentleman that hired her father to build his newest hotel and her new employer. 

I loved their relationship and that neither of them could stay away from each other. They were steamy from chapter one and I couldn't get enough. I feel like I read this one quicker than the previous book. The only issues I found meh where how much was focused on the strike and the construction crews against her being on site. I understood the reasoning, but I feel like certain steps should've been taken earlier, like her talking with the crew and getting them to understand that she knew what she was doing. I also loved his mother and thought it was great that she was more than happy to have a female architect rebuild her "cottage." Upon finish, I once again moved on to the next book.

Have you read A Scandalous Deal?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

STATISTICS: A Scandalous Deal, Joanna Shupe, 5-stars, 1 day, eBook, 384 Pages, Published 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...