Friday, January 15, 2021

Historical Romance Read-a-thon

Wrap Up is posted!

 Happy Friday!!

Today starts the Historical Romance Read-a-thon hosted by LaceyBookLovers, PeaceLoveBooksxo, and remarkablylisa!! They are using #hrreadathon on all the socials if you are joining in!

 

Above is the Bingo board. I'm not going to shoot for a bingo necessarily, but I will try to pick books based off the prompts. I'm such a mood reader; I'm going to shoot for 4 or 5 books. What I am going to (most likely) read is The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne and That Scandalous Evening by Christina Dodd. These are slated for the week starting the 17th for the Romance Book Squad and Seasonally Booked Up - Winter of the Wallflower clubs, respectively. If you are interested in either of those, check out the links in the calendar below (or in the sidebar) to find all the hosts! 

I'd also like to read the buddy read A Notorious Vow by Joanna Shupe. It, however, is the 3rd book in her Four Hundred series and I try to always read in order. So I might also read the first two of those. We'll see.

Outside of other books for the clubs mentioned above and trying to read ahead a little bit (HOCKEY STARTED WEDNESDAY!! #goavesgo), there are a few historicals I've been wanting to read/re-read lately. With the Bridgerton read-a-thon for the show's release and the Two Dukes of Wyndham series for Rake Appreciation Society, I've been wanting to re-read my favorite Julia Quinn series, the Smythe-Smith Quartet. I'm excited for The Rakehell of Roth (coming in February), so I'd also like to re-read the first book in the series, The Beast of Beswick.

Like I mentioned before, I don't want to over-plan my tbr (to be read). I hate feeling unaccomplished with my reading plans. This year and moving forward I'm hoping to set more realistic plans for myself (both in reading and life in general). 

I'll do an update after it's over and post my completed board (and reviews shortly after)!

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...