Thursday, August 19, 2021

Written On His Skin by Simone Stark

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

Update: I reread this again in April of 2022. I used it to cover the prompts cover you love for Love Has Sprung and Dear John (includes a text, letter or email) for the Taylor Swift Quarterly Challenge

After reading Run Posy Run, I could tell that I wasn't in the mood for dark romance. I decided to pick up a little novella to reread that would fit my mood better. I decided to pick up Written On His Skin by Simone Stark for the third time. Update: I applied this to the prompt of stand alone for the 3rd board of Summer of Swoon.

Abigail is a vet in Boulder, Colorado and via a friend writes a letter to a soldier stationed overseas. Roux ends up being the recipient since he has no living relatives. He is immediately charmed by Abigail's letter and feels that it's kismet. They end up writing back and forth and they quickly have a more romantic connection.

I am a big fan of epistolary romances and last year when I reread Love in the Afternoon last year, went through an epistolary romance list on goodreads for more recs. This was on that list. I reread it again later that year when I purchased the paperback. I had previously rated it 4-stars, but on this reread I bumped it up to 5. If I have wanted to reread it twice, it has to be 5-stars to me. I love the representation and want Simone Stark to write more. I loved how Roux completely fell for Abigail without knowing what she looks like. She is plus-sized, but that doesn't matter to him one bit. Plus he's a Cajun from Louisiana and when he lays on the accent it's super hot. I love accents. My heart always races when he calls her for the first time and it's just such a feel good book. There's not too much more I could say without basically retelling the plot, but this is one of my favorite novellas.

I always love when a book is set in Colorado. I also loved the small discussion about being a soldier and dealing with things they see. I really enjoyed this reread and it was just what I needed to reset my mind. I am so happy that I have this in paperback and hope that Simone Stark writes something else.

Have you read Written On His Skin?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Written On His Skin, Simone Stark, 5-stars, 0 days, paperback, 126 pages, published in 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...