Thursday, February 24, 2022

Love Has Sprung TBR

Update: Wrap Up for the 1st board is posted! 
Update: My wrap up is posted for the 2nd board!

As we approach the end of February, it's time to start looking forward and into Spring! Shelby is once again hosting her Spring reading challenge Love Has Sprung. The reading challenge runs from March 1st, 2022 through May 31st, 2022. She once again made three bingo boards. I will have all three below, but for more specific tbr ideas I'll be focusing on the first board's more unique prompts. If you would like to join, Shelby has everything on her instagram and said she will also be doing some recommendation posts.

 

If you are looking for more recommendations that could fit these prompts, feel free to check out my previous tbrs and wrap ups for the other reading challenges I've done by Shelby. I've participated in her Summer of Swoon, Fall in Love and Winter's Kiss challenges. Well, let's get into the ideas that I have!

🌷  For quite a few of the prompts, they require looking at what Shelby has read and loved. You can check out her instagram (linked above) or check out her goodreads. I know that they could cover a lot of the various prompts, but some authors I know she enjoys are Vi Keeland, Penelope Ward, Meghan Quinn and Melanie Harlow.

🌷 There's also going to be some prompts that will be easily met by new releases coming out, specifically in March. I did a quarterly anticipated reads that you can check out. For books that were announced or I discovered after writing that post, I'm also looking forward to The Savage by Sophie Lark, Her Favorite Rebound by Jackie Lau and Rewriting the Stars by Claire Kingsley.

🌷 For my book clubs, I know I will be picking up The Proposal by Mary Balogh and Burn by Suzanne Wright at the very least. These could work for several prompts, including new to you author, two-word title, 1st book in a series, updated or redone cover and backlist romance. I'll also be starting the spin off of the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, Aurelia Ryder.

🌷 For slow burn immediately Marian Zapata comes to mind. She's known as the queen of slow burn. I've only read one of her books, but I have been wanting to pick up From Lukov with Love since it's about two figure skaters.

🌷 Another specific prompt is foodie romance. I have quite a few options on my tbr, but I'm thinking of picking up The Opposite of You by Rachel Higginson. I first heard about it when Smart Women Read Romance did a podcast episode on it and still haven't gotten around to it.

🌷 When I was going through some trope lists on goodreads, I had a few books that kept popping up that I might try picking up as well. The couple that stood out the most to me are Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie and Faking Ms. Right by Claire Kingsley.

🌷 The last prompt I want to chat about is books that start with R. I do have quite a few (a lot) that start with Rake or Rogue on my kindle. When I looked at what I had physically to read still, I saw Rules of Engagement by Kathryn Caskie. I might go for that one so I can get another physical book off my tbr!

I can't wait to see what I end up reading for the prompts. Since starting Shelby's challenges my reading taste has widened quite a bit and I've picked up a lot more contemporary romance. If you are participating as well, let me know! If you don't follow me on instagram, please do so and let me know so I can follow you back! I'll be posting updates as I read each book and saving it in my stories like always, so feel free to check them out at any time.

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...