Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Dark Romance Readathon Wrap Up

 Well, things didn't quite go as planned. This past weekend, August 13 - 16 was the Dark Romance Readathon. It was hosted by Temecka, Izzy, Heather, Nayema and Ashley. Instead of doing a bingo board, they had a scavenger hunt which was fun. It helped lessen the pressure of getting a bingo. I also liked that they included both Friday and Monday in the "weekend." As you can tell from my tbr, I was super excited for the readathon and have really been enjoying dark romance lately.

However, my mood has completely shifted and it's not what I want to read right now. I ended up reading one book, but it at least met two of the clues. I thought maybe I'd get another book in late Sunday and Monday, but I could tell that if I picked up another dark romance right now, I would be pushed back into a book slump. I just (weirdly) want to read happy contemporary right now. So there won't be too much to wrap up below, but I'll at least post my few graphics.



🔍 Run Posy Run by Cate C. Wells

Hopefully next time they hold the Dark Romance Readathon I'll be in the mood and able to join. I was really enjoying dark romance lately, but I just need to follow what my mood says so I don't just stop reading as a whole. I really dislike book slumps. It's hard when all you want to do is read and relax but nothing sounds good or ends up hitting the spot. I think I just need a bit of happy and less angst and the contemporary romances I've been picking up lately have really helped keep in a better mindset lately.

Did you participate in the Dark Romance Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...