Thursday, August 5, 2021

Dark Romance Readathon TBR

Update: Wrap Up is posted!

Happy Friday!

I have another readathon announcement! Next weekend, August 13-16th will be the Dark Romance Readathon. It's hosted by Temecka, Izzy, Heather, Nayema, and Ashley. There are, as per usual, templates on their instagrams. There is no group book, live show or bingo board this time. There's also no hashtag. To change things up a little, instead they are doing a scavenger hunt! I've posted the 6 hints(?) below. It's nice that they included Friday and Monday into the readathon. I've been reading a lot of dark romance this year and am excited to get into more. As with my previous readathons, I'm not going to do a strict tbr, but post several ideas and sees where my mood takes.

Since there are only 6 prompts and it's a scavenger hunt, I feel like this readathon will be a lot more easygoing. I know that sometimes people get stressed when there's a bingo board, especially with shorter readathons like this. If you find the right book, it could cover all the prompts at once. I'm not going to aim for all prompts and just want to read what I feel like, without really considering the prompts in my choices.

πŸ” A dark romance that's been on tbr for awhile is Untouchable by Sam Mariano. Jenn (The Book Refuge) talked a lot about this last year and I've been intrigued. It's a bully romance set in high school, but I've heard that they are more mature and high school is just a facilitator for keeping them in close proximity.

πŸ” I have several mafia series I'd like to continue: Maggie Cole's Mafia Wars, Cora Reilly's Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, Serena Akeroyd's Five Points' Mob, and Sophie Lark's Underworld series. I have started the first couple books for almost all of these and need to get caught up and/or finish the series.

πŸ” I also have several new mafia series that I've found since I started really getting into this sub-subgenre. I've heard good things about A. Zavarelli's Boston Underworld, Tillie Cole's Scarred Souls, and Kristen Luciani's Sinfully Savage series. I've also stumbled across Faith Summer's Dark Syndicate and Jagger Cole's Bratva's Claim series. I'm intrigued to start all of these and start to expand my mafia/dark romance authors. 

πŸ” Another option if I get far enough in the reading order is the start Cora Reilly's Camorra Chronicles. Cora Reilly also has some standalones set in the same universe.

If you've been following my reads for a while now, you know that most of my recent dark romance reads are actually mafia. Most of my options for the readathon are as such. I'm not sure how much of these I'll actually get too, but I'd like to read 3 books. One continuing a series, one starting a new series and then either Untouchable or another dark romance that's not mafia related. We'll see where my mood takes me. I might end up doing a spinner wheel for the two mafia options. 

I'm 99% sure I won't meet Whose Limb is This? clue since I don't enjoy poly relationships. I'm just not into thruples or threesomes and such. There could end up being such a scene in one of these, but I'm not particularly looking for it. One big thing I enjoy about dark romance is how obsessive and possessive the heroes get about their heroines. You don't usually see multiple partners in those relationships. I do know there are quite a few reverse harem series and poly dark romances out there. They just don't interest me. I'm excited to have another reason to go on another dark romance binge! I'll be posting my updates in my instagram stories as usual, so feel free to follow along if you'd like!

Will you be participating in the Dark Romance Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...