Saturday, August 7, 2021

Wrong Car, Wright Brother by Megan Wade

🍎🍎🍎🍎

After binging through the Kingmakers, I needed a little palate cleanser and change of pace. I decided to pick up another Megan Wade. I thought I was going for one of her newer novellas, but this is more of a shorter full length novel. Wrong Car, Wright Guy is the first book in her Wrong, Wright series. Update: I applied this to the prompt of on tbr due to synopsis for the 3rd board of Summer of Swoon.

Our heroine is Ruby. We meet her at a bar to celebrate her friends birthday with her twin brother and his boyfriend. Her friend's boyfriend had just broke up with her, so there's lots of shots. As they are walking home/looking for a cab, they see a Porsche and think it's her ex's car. Ruby, drunk as a skunk, decides to key a big dick on it. A guy she finds attractive comes up to her, and it's actually his car. Surprises ensue as he is Tanner, the new radio personality at her station. He maneuvers Ruby so instead of the morning board operator she is now his personal assistant for his afternoon show.

Like I mentioned above, I went with Megan Wade thinking I was getting a sweet and quick novella. This is more of a shorter book being above 200 pages. It was interesting reading a longer book from her, but I really liked it. I still got the sweet, steamy feels as her novella, but we got a little bit more of everything. It also helped the insta-love from feeling too fast. There is a little bit of a time jump here once they start working together. I loved the banter between them. While I am not someone that can argue and flirt at the same time, Ruby and Tanner do. It's pretty tension filled and when they finallly pop that bubble, woo boy. This goes from 0 to 100, but I loved it! It was a little predictable, but that didn't really bother me. That's apart of the reason I was drawn to this. The only thing that I didn't like was the social/political commentary. I'm not someone that enjoys getting into debates/arguments about those things. I understood and appreciated the representation in here. I was just expecting light hearted, fluffy and steamy. It was that, but the more political conversations kind of took me out of the escape I was looking for. It was still written well and had nice points, it just wasn't what I was expecting or looking for. 

If you are interested in trying Megan Wade, but don't like novellas, this is a great option to try. I'll definitely read more of her books and will continue this series for sure. I'll most likely save them to fill the same sort of role in my reading, as a palate cleanser. This was just what I needed to get me back into a reading mood. Although it also helps that the Olympics are wrapping up so I'm not prioritizing that anymore.

Have you read Wrong Car, Wright Brother?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Wrong Car, Wright Brother, Megan Wade, 4-stars, 1 day, eBook, 234 pages, published in 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...