Sunday, August 8, 2021

Deep, Deep Donuts by Megan Wade

🍎🍎🍎🍎

Continuing in my light fluffy reads, I decided to pick up Megan Wade's newest novella, Deep, Deep Donuts. This is the first book in the multi-author series Lovers Lake. I wanted to keep the fluffy feeling and keep in a lighter frame of mind before getting back to my planned tbr this weekend. I also was able to apply this to the prompts protagonist smells like bread (donuts are a bread dough, I'm counting it!) for the Ripped Bodice's Summer Bingo and set in summer for Summer of Swoon board 2.

We meet Tamara, the owner of a donut food truck. She used to have an ice cream truck, but hasn't switched over the permits for her new truck. Because of this, she has her friend keep an eye out for the local police officer Wes during his patrols. He's a bicycle cop, and always gets excited when he smells her donuts. He always tries to get there right away before she sells out, and then tries to chase her down to place an order for the next day. Tamara however thinks he's coming after her and runs away. Finally, Wes catches her.

This was such a cute read, but it was definitely insta-love. I don't mind the insta-love usually, especially if I know beforehand, but this one was a little over the top. Okay, there's an attraction neither of them have felt and Tamara's a virgin. It just felt weird that they had seen each other from afar a few weeks, but only knew each other a few days before talking about marriage and kids. I think I would've felt more fulfilled if that wasn't how it ended (before the epilogue). I also didn't like that Wes didn't bring condoms when it was pretty much implied they were going to get intimate after their date. He asks right before full intimacy if she's on birth control, but that's it. Then they talk about kids. Just too fast for me. 

Not too long of a review this time, but it was cute, with a little bit of steam. Not as much as her previous novellas, but enough that my expectations weren't let down. I'll definitely continue on reading Megan Wade's novellas, but I think I'll try to keep them as palate cleansers. I am intrigue by some of the other tropes and blurbs of the other books in this series and will probably try a few of them. Maybe before the summer ends since it's all geared to summer vibes.

Have you read Deep, Deep Donuts?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Deep, Deep Donuts, Megan Wade, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 86 pages, published in 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...