Monday, June 7, 2021

Mafia Romance Readathon Wrap Up

 This past weekend was the Mafia Romance Readathon hosted by Jen, Jessen, Tori, Jess and Tiffany! Thanks to watching Jen's videos (and her influence on other booktubers and bookstagrammers), earlier this year I read my first mafia romances. At least with mafia members being the heroes and heroines of the story. I had a lot of fun and decided last minute to only read new authors this weekend to expand my mafia reads. Unfortunately I didn't get as much time as I wanted to read. I ended up not being able to read at all Friday and was so exhausted I ended up crashing during the Avalanche post game shows. Despite all that, I ended up reading 4 books and at least got a bingo. I didn't make the black out though. Maybe next time. Below is my board and the books I read (in order read)! As always, reviews will be linked once posted.

1. Mercenary Princess by Setta Jay 🍎🍎🍎🍎 - New author and bratva prompts

2. A Bullet Between Us by K. Dosal 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 - New author and Italian mob prompts

3. Ruthless Creatures by JT Geissinger 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 - New author, Bratva, tattooed hero and title with ruthless or brutal prompts

4. Brutal Prince by Sophie Lark 🍎🍎🍎🍎 - New author, Italian mob, arranged marriage, Irish mafia and title with ruthless or brutal prompts

I enjoyed all of my reads. My goal was to read books that weren't a part of a long running series first since I knew I could easily go on a binge. Now that I've read my first Sophie Lark, that was a good choice. I was debating between Brutal Prince and a last minute tbr addition of Ruthless Stranger, but ended up going with Sophie Lark. Jen has a live show with her later this month, so I wanted to at least get her started so I have some references for the live. I'm hoping to get through a couple more of her books before then, but I do have some book club books I'll need to get to before then. We'll see what happens.

My favorite read was either A Bullet Between Us or Ruthless Creatures. It's hard to pick between the two since they are so different in tone. I actually ended up ordering the paperback copies of both late Sunday night. If I were to pick a disappointing book it'd have to be Mercenary Princess, but only because I wish there was more mafia in it. I still loved it though! I'm very intrigued to read the next books in all of these series. JT Geissinger's comes out later this month and I know that Setta Jay's and K. Dosal's is also supposed to come out this year. Sophie Lark is currently publishing her spin-off series, so at least all of the Brutal Birthright series is out for me to binge! I'll definitely continue reading mafia and am happy to get more authors in the sub-genre on my tbr. It's also exciting that I had a lot of great reads this weekend. The live wrap-up was also a lot of fun!

Did you participate in the Mafia Romance Readathon? If so, how did your reading go?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...