Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Historical Romance Readathon TBR

Wrap up is posted!

Happy Hump Day! 

I have another readathon tbr today! Announced earlier this month, Jess, Lacey and Lisa are hosting another round of the Historical Romance Readathon. I participated in the 2nd round earlier this year and had a lot of fun! As I'm sure you're aware if you've been following me, Historical Romance is one of my favorite sub-genres and in the past few years has been my default when picking up something to read when I don't have something specific in mind. This round runs from June 28th through July 4th with a live wrap up on July 4th on Lacey's channel. Once again they are using the hashtag #hrreadathon on social media. They have various templates on their instagrams, but I'll post the bingo board below.

They went for some different prompts this round, but all are pretty easily found in historical romance. I will list some ideas I have below. A lot of these will cover multiple prompts which is also nice!

🏰 The group read is Olivia and the Masked Duke by Grace Callaway. This book covers prompts Grace Callaway, duke in the title, purple cover, series and clinch cover. This also might cover indie published and spy I believe. I've had Grace Callaway's other series on my tbr for a bit, so I'm excited to finally try one of her books. I also want to mention that Olivia and the Masked Duke is a newer release (came out February this year) and she is an Asian author!

🏰 I've also been working on re-reading Lisa Kleypas's Ravenels series in preparation for the 7th book to release in July. My original plan is to read books 3 & 4, Devil in Spring & Hello Stranger, this month. These two would cover marriage of convenience, one person on the cover, series, self-made (wo)man, spinster and wallflower.

🏰 I can also read ahead for the Rake Appreciation Society (hosted by Jen and Crystal). The July book is The Earl I Ruined by Scarlett Peckham. It's the second in her Secrets of Charlotte Street series. I prefer to read in order though, so I'll also want to read The Duke I Tempted. These would both cover indie published, class difference, marriage of convenience, one person on the cover and series.

🏰 There are a couple new releases that drop June 29th that I have preordered. The first is The Wrong Marquess by Vivienne Lorret. This is the 3rd book in her Mating Habits of Scoundrels series. This should cover the prompts clinch cover, wallflower, spinster and series.

🏰 Another June 29th release is Amelie Howard's The Princess Stakes. This is a multi-cultural/interracial romance that was postponed from last year. It covers at least clinch cover and depending on how much time is spent in India and at sea, could also cover not in Europe. I also can't quite tell if the cover is pink or purple, so we'll see what it looks like in person. Another Amelie Howard still on my tbr is The Rakehell of Roth. I actually mentioned wanting to reread The Beast of Beswick in the 2nd round of the readathon, but never got around to it or the new release. This for sure covers purple cover, series, and clinch cover.

🏰 The last June 29th release I have preordered is An Extraordinary Lord by Anna Harrington. Anna is one of my favorite historical authors and I'm excited for the 3rd book in her Lords of the Armory series. I own but haven't read the first two in the series, but am hoping to get through at least one this readathon, if not all three! They should cover the prompts duke in the title, purple cover, spinster, wallflower, clinch cover and series. They might also cover the spy prompt.

🏰 For the Scottish prompt my go to is always Donna Fletcher. I have a couple thoughts there, but I still have a lot of her backlist to get through. I have two books I'm debating between. The first is the second book in her Warrior duology, Dark Warrior. The other option I'm debating is the next book in her Warrior King series, Loved by a Warrior. I read Bound to a Warrior earlier this year and it really kicked off my love for Donna Fletcher. She also has some other duologies and smaller series I'd love to get to, most of them also set in Scotland. The two options I'm debating between would also cover the spy, clinch cover and series prompts.

🏰 For the not in Europe prompt, I have a couple ideas. One is to finally return to Joanna Shupe and more specifically start her Uptown Girls or Knickerbocker Club series. These are both set in the USA. They would also cover class difference, self-made man, clinch cover, series and one person on the cover. The other option I'm thinking of for not in Europe is finally starting Jeannie Lin's Tang Dynasty series. This is historical romance set during the, wait for it, Tang Dynasty (618AD-907AD) in China.

🏰 Another just random option for me to get to is Melody Thomas. I bought all of her books (only 12) earlier this year, complete cover buys, and would like to finally try her. I'm sure her books would cover most of the prompts as well.

🏰 My final idea for the readathon that I might try to leave until Monday (or start the readathon early on Sunday) is A Lady of Rooksgrave Manor by Kathryn Moon. This is the June pick for the Smart Women Read Romance patreon live review (that's Tuesday night). I usually read it the weekend before (which is technically before the readathon starts), but I'm thinking of starting it late Sunday night and then trying to finish on Monday. I might just read it earlier though. This is another dual sub-genre, historical and paranormal. It's a reverse harem (which I'm not the biggest fan of) monster romance and should be a fun read. If I do read it for the readathon as well it would cover the indie published, series and one person on the cover. It also might be class difference depending on who is in her harem. I know the main character is originally a maid before joining the house where she forms her harem. 

I have a lot of options once again, but it's helpful that most of these prompts are easily met. The only one that I don't have an idea for off the top of my head is single parent, but there are quite a few single parent historicals out there and I'm sure there are quite a few on my massive tbr. It could also be later on in a series I might end up starting. I'm really looking forward to going on another historical binge and can't wait! Last time I ended up with 7 books, so my goal is to try to do the same and at least get one bingo. I haven't decided if I'm going to use a book for multiple or one prompt yet, but I'll most likely go with one prompt per book. I'm also excited to fit a lot of these into my summer reading challenges and hopefully it'll help me get an even better jump in getting some of the easier prompts covered before my check-ins next month. 

Will you be participating the the Historical Romance Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...