Friday, February 4, 2022

Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires by Molly Harper

⭐⭐⭐⭐

With two prompts left to fill the first bingo board of the Winter's Kiss reading challenge, one was starts with the letter N. When I went through my kindle and goodreads tbr, I found Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires by Molly Harper. This is the 8th book in her Half-Moon Hollow series. This series is a favorite of mine (with the Jane Jameson series this spun-off of) and I was so happy to find there was another book released. I knew as soon as I saw this that it was the book I wanted to use to fill the prompt. Plus it gave a bit of variety during another contemporary binge.

Tylene is the cousin to Jolene and the outcast in the local werewolf pack. While the pack is very old school, she escapes to work her day job as a social media marketer. When she's working late at the library one night, she runs into new vampire in town Alexandre. He has recently moved to town (thanks to his two best friends settling down with their wives) and has become the new music teacher. As Tylene struggles to come to terms with separating from the pack and be upfront with her family about falling for Alex, he and his friends get targeted by a rogue vampire thought dead decades ago.

It was so nice returning to Half-Moon Hollow. I loved how much time we got with our previous characters like Jane and Dick. They just accepted Tylene into their makeshift family without question and I loved the found family aspect. There's something that's just so cozy about Molly Harper's writing to me and I loved just checking in with all of our friends from before. I loved the connection between Tylene and Alex. It was heartbreaking to read how Tylene's mother and father treated her. Even worse since she still loved them and was having a hard time reconciling their treatment with what would be best for her. It took longer than I would've liked, but I loved that once she fully made the decision to move from the pack, she was all in.

This got four stars just because it didn't completely blow me away. This was nice and cozy and I loved it, but it didn't push the envelope or hit me fully emotionally; especially compared to earlier books in the series. It also was a little bit predictable, but it didn't curb my enjoyment at all. I really need to work on getting through Molly's backlist and get caught up in the rest of her series. She's one of my favorite paranormal authors and I can't recommend her enough. Please check her out, even more so if you're looking for a lighter and less gritty paranormal series.

Have you read Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires, Molly Harper, 4-stars, 1 day, eBook, 242 pages, published in 2020, indie published

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...