Monday, June 13, 2022

Tall Dork and Handsome by Allie York

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Continuing my binge of Allie York, I picked up book 4 in her Words for Nerds series, Tall Dork and Handsome! This was my first read for the 2022 round of Summer of Swoon and I applied it to the prompt illustrated cover. I also used it to cover the prompt Happiness (book that you think will make you happy) for the Taylor Swift Quarterly Challenge and HEA for the Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo.

Greer has finally said no more to the man that's been stringing her along for years and is going to spend the next 6 months focusing on herself. When Tuesday's agent Brian starts hanging around Word for Nerds more, Greer struggles to keep her "no men" rule as her crush for Brian intensifies. Not only is she attracted to him, but Brian is the founder and owner of an up and coming comic publishing house. They both are huge comic fans and when Brian finds out that Greer has been working on a graphic novel since high school and is looking to start seeing if it can be published, he wants to help. Greer, in her self-sufficient mode, doesn't want help because she doesn't trust Brian to be completely unbiased in his opinion on her work.

Okay, so this is probably the steamiest of the books in the series so far. Oh my gosh are Brian and Greer absolutely fire around each other. I love that Greer tries to keep Brian at a distance and he is fine to wait the 6 months, but makes it clear that he will be first in line once she's ready to date again. I just really loved the list that Greer made to help find herself again and really recover from how her previous relationship changed her. She really wanted to focus on doing things for herself and repair her relationships with Tuesday, her twin sister, and the other girls. I also loved that her big change was dying her hair pink and I can just picture how cute Greer looks now.

Now Brian did keep pushing Greer, but it didn't feel like too much to me. I loved how a lot of it was really playful, not that he didn't want her to break her rule. It also helped that her girls also realized the connection that Brian and Greer were forming and also let up on protecting Greer and the rules she set. Oh my gosh and the first date that Brian and Greer had, hoo boy does Brian know how to bring it. The steam was definitely leveled up in this book. I also liked that while the third act conflict was a little predictable, I loved how Brian apologized as well as Greer. He also managed to confirm to Greer that he wasn't being unbiased and she really did have a great graphic novel.

This book was just all around feel good and these four books have been some of my favorites of the year. I absolutely am enjoying this series and am glad to see that there's more in the series. I'm excited to dig into Allie York's backlist and see what other series she's written. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for any future publications as well.

Have you read Tall Dork and Handsome?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Tall Dork and Handsome, Allie York, 5-stars, 1 day, eBook, 187 pages, published in 2021, indie published

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...