Friday, June 10, 2022

Stumbling Into Him by Molly O'Hare

⭐⭐⭐⭐

After finishing A Court of Thorns and Roses, I needed something to keep me from really getting into a book hangover. With some free reign until the start of June, I decided to completely switch lanes and pick up a contemporary rom-com. I decided to go with my new go-to rom-com author Molly O'Hare and pick up something off of her backlist. I went with Stumbling Into Him, the first book in her Stumbling Through Life series. I was able to apply this to the Taylor Swift Quarterly Challenge prompt All Too Well (character that's fit). Since it was still May, I went ahead and used this for the 2nd board prompt of rom-com for Love Has Sprung as well.

Holly is a clutz to the nth degree. When walking her corgi with an attitude, Lord Waffles, she gets hit in the face with a frisbee and falls. Ben was the veterinarian that accidentally took out Holly and is immediately enamored by her physical appearance. He takes her to his nearby clinic to help her clean up her lip and they find each other enjoying the banter between them. Ben is able to finagle a date the same day and they quickly find each other falling; and falling hard.

It was really fun to finally meet Lord Waffles. He's been a little Easter egg in Molly's other books, so it was fun to back to the 2nd book in her backlist and see how Holly and Ben met. This was really cute and Holly was really clutzy. It was crazy how often she was tripping over "invisible rocks." I have met people like that, but being a romcom this was a little extra on top. Ben was an "Adonis" to Holly and I did think it was a little too insta-lovey for my tastes. I kind of knew that's what I was getting into, but I think you can tell that this is an earlier book of hers.

Another book is done in Molly's backlist and I can't wait to continue going through the rest of her books. These are just great palate cleansers for me. They're a little shorter, have good humor and a little bit of steam. I used this to keep myself from going into a book hangover after reading A Court of Thorns and Roses and it was exactly what I needed to do so.

Have you read Stumbling Into Him?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Stumbling Into Him, Molly O'Hare, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 214 pages, published in 2018, indie published

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...