Thursday, June 9, 2022

Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo TBR

Update: My Wrap Up is posted! 

It's back! Summer of 2022 means the 6th round of Summer Bingo hosted by the Ripped Bodice. I have participated they last few years and they always have tougher, more unique prompts. It's definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone and/or my research skills to find books that work. If this is the first time you're hearing about this bingo, it runs from June 1st through August 31st. To learn more or find copies of the information, check out their website.

The Ripped Bodice also allows for you to enter to win prizes up to 5 times, 4 bingos and then the final for blackout. I've entered every year that I've participated, but still haven't won anything. Maybe this'll be the year I win! The link to the google form is also on their website linked above. Below is the bingo board followed by some of the ideas I have for the more unique prompts!

🍦 For Superhero I have a couple options already on my kindle - JA Huss's Anarchy Found and a recently found author Trish Heinrich and her Vigilante series

🍦 For Steampunk I have a lot of different series that could work, but I narrowed it down to the London Steampunk series by Bec McMaster or checking out one of Meljean Brook's series (also known as Milla Vane)

🍦 For Architect this took a little bit of research on my end. I checked some listopia lists and checked for what was already marked as want to read. I found Underneath It All by Kate Canterbary. I also discovered a new series called Hearts and Crafts by Nicole Michaels and book three has an architect.

🍦 Animal Rescue or Shelter was a little harder to find as well. I have quite a few veterinarian books, but not too many of them are set at a shelter or rescue. I did remember though that I still need to finish Jill Shalvis's Animal Magnetism, of which the next book I have to read is Rescue My Heart.

🍦 For Amnesia I went to my historical books and have a couple that I haven't read yet from top authors of mine - How to Forget a Duke by Vivienne Lorret and Someone to Watch Over Me by Lisa Kleypas.

🍦 Made-up Country - This was also a prompt I had to do some research into. I found that some of Emma Chase's Royally series takes place in a made-up country as well as Twisted Games by Ana Huang. If I want to be super easy though, I could also use pretty much any fantasy romance to work for this prompt. 

🍦 The final prompt I'm going to give some ideas for is Ghost. I have physical copies of Whispers of the Wind by Donna Fletcher and Shadow's Kiss by Joan Hohl. I also am intrigued by Cindy Miles's Ghosts series.

I'm super excited to see what books I end up choosing for some of these more unique prompts. Let me know if you have any ideas that I might have missed! Feel free to leave a comment below or reach out on instagram to let me know. Also feel free to check out what I've read before by looking at the rippedbodicebingo tag.

Will you be participating in the Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...