Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Color Me Romantic Quarterly Challenge Announcement

 I am back with another quarterly challenge; I just can't help myself! After taking a break from the Romance Readers Reading Challenges group quarterly challenges (the last one I did was the Taylor Swift Quarterly Challenge), I will be participating in the ongoing one. It started on September 15th, 2022 and will run through December 14th, 2022. You probably already saw from the title, but the theme for this challenge is Color Me Romantic.

Level 1 - Read 5 books

Level 2 - Read 10 books

Level 3 - Read 20 books

Level 4 - Read 30 books

This is a shorter challenge with the highest level and prompts only numbering at 30. Once again, you can read as little or as much as you want. My goal is to reach level 4, but I just tend to read as I go and then see where I'm at when we reach the last couple weeks of the challenge. They also have a bonus option once again that is listed at the bottom of the prompts that can be applied to any level. Let's get to the prompts!

1) Red - Read a book with red on the cover OR a book with a passionate or intense character

2) Yellow - Read a book with yellow on the cover OR a book with a 'sunny' or happy character

3) Orange - Read a book with orange on the cover OR a book with a character who plays or watches a sport

4) Green - Read a book with green on the cover OR a book with a jealous or outdoorsy character

5) Blue - Read a book with blue on the cover OR a book with a character who works in the medical or mental heal fired or a character dealing with a  physical or mental illness

6) Indigo (third eye chakra) - Read a book with a nerdy/geeky/brainy character OR a spiritual romance

7) Violet (chakra connected to enlightenment) - Read a book with a new-to-you author OR a book with an interesting cover

8) Black - Read a book with black on the cover OR with a mystery in the story

9) White - Read a book with white on the cover OR with an innocent or virginial character

10) Gray - Read a book with gray on the cover OR with an older character

11) Silver - Read a book with silver on the cover OR a road trip romance or a story with travel

12) Gold - Read a book with gold on the cover OR with a wealthy character or a character who wants to become wealthy

13) Beige (calm and simplicity) - Read a shorter title OR a book you would want to read while curled up in bed or by the fire

14) Purple - Read a book with purple on the cover OR with a character who is royalty or nobility or deals with someone royal or noble

15) Lavender (floral symbol of love at first sight) - Read an insta-love story OR a book you immediately wanted to read from either the cover, title or description

16) Pink - Read a book with pink on the cover OR with a romantic or loving character

17) Brown - Read a book with brown on the cover OR a shifter story

18) Turqouise - Read a book set on an island OR with water on the cover

19) Mauve - Read a book with clothing on the cover OR with a fashionable character

20) Tan - Read a book set in a rural area or set on a farm or ranch OR with a character who goes on vacation

21) Navy Blue - Read a book with a character in the military or a veteran OR with a boat on the cover

22) Royal Blue - Read a book set in Europe OR with a character who is a 'royal pain' (annoying)

23) Coral - Read a book that has been lingering at the bottom of your tbr pile OR with a genre you don't read often

24) Sky Blue - Read a book with a sky on the cover OR with a pilot or airport in the story

25) Maroon - Read a book with a character who is stranded somewhere OR that is a stand-alone

26) Peach - Read a book set in the South (US) OR with a sweet character

27) Teal - Read a book with an animal on the cover OR in the story

28) Olive - Read a book with a deceptive or sneaky character (or a book you want to read on your e-reader to hide the cover) - I will NOT be using the second prompt - I take issue with the connotation; If you read romance, don't be afraid of what other's may say/think. READ WHAT YOU WANT! No shame!

29) Bronze - Read a historical OR a book that has won an award

30) Mint Green - Read a book with lips or a mouth on the cover OR one you find refreshing

*Bonus: Read a book that contains the name of a color you like either in the title, series name or author's name

Once again I'm hoping that a lot of the books I'll read for the Fall in Love reading challenge and Bang in the Night will help complete most of this challenge. I'm sure there will be a couple other readathons popping up that will help me complete some prompts (there's usually a couple monster or paranormal based readathons in October). Below are a couple option I have that aren't mentioned in what I already have as options from those challenges and my normal tbr/book club books.

🎨 For a broad idea, hopefully at least in the beginning of December I'll be able to pick up some historical romances. Those usually work well to cover quite a few of these prompts, more specifically I'm thinking Bronze, White, Navy Blue, Royal Blue and Purple.

🎨 For the Olive prompt since I disagree with the second half of the option, I'll be looking for a deceptive character. That makes me think of hidden identity or a spy character. A couple options that stand out to me are To Steal a Heart by K.C. Bateman and The Ugly Stepsister by Megan Van Dyke.

🎨 Releasing in October is the 5th book in Juliette Cross's Stay a Spell series, Resting Witch Face. The cover will work perfectly for Yellow or Orange depending on how it'll look in person.

🎨 For Coral and lingering at the bottom of my TBR, my immediate thought was either finally starting my reread of Kerrelyn Spark's Embraced series or finishing Claire Kingsley's Baily Brothers series with Rewriting the Stars.

Not too many options, but definitely check out my other tbrs to see what I might be picking up. To participate, just check out the link to the reader group on facebook above and it'll be listed in the forum section for the quarterly challenges. If you like doing reading challenges, they have lot of different ones with various time frames. Definitely join the group to see what they have going on!

Will you be participating in the Color Me Romantic Quarterly Challenge?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...