Friday, September 30, 2022

Dating Your Best Friend's Brother by Lana Dash

⭐⭐⭐💫

During my late night insomnia mini-binge of insta-love KU (Kindle Unlimited) romances, I picked up Dating Your Best Friend's Brother by Lana Dash. This is the first book in her Curvy Girls' Guide series. This worked perfectly to cover the prompt brown on the cover for Fall in Love.

Kelsey and her best friend Charlie are back at home to celebrate his older brother's return to town. They were neighbors growing up and Kelsey has always crushed on Max. After reconnecting at his party, they finally break the tension between them with a kiss. When Max misunderstands the relationship between Charlie and Kelsey, he backs off. Kelsey gets hurt and starts to second guess if Max really likes her.

This was cute and once again I was intrigued by the trope going in. I loved that the best friend was actually a guy. The writing style I definitely enjoyed more than Win a Date with a Cowboy. My biggest issue here was the multiple miscommunications between Max and Kelsey. It was just too many for how short this book was. I also got a little frustrated with how many times in 45 pages that both Charlie and Kelsey had to push against family members that they were just friends and only friends. I feel had there just been the one miscommunication, I wouldn't have been as frustrated, but there were three or four. I did think though that with them having known each other since they were kids helped with establishing a relationship that was believable at the HEA. Well, as long as they can work on their communication!

I'm definitely intrigued to read more from Lana Dash and have had her Sincerely Yours series on my tbr since it came out early 2021. If I'm looking for another quick KU insta-love novella, I might lean more towards picking up one of those, but we'll see what happens. Overall I enjoyed this outside of the miscommunications (which I struggle with in full length novels as well). Definitely check out Lana Dash if you're looking for well written insta-love novella.

Have you read Dating Your Best Friend's Brother?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Dating Your Best Friend's Brother, Lana Dash, 3.5 stars, 0 days, 45 pages, published in 2022, indie published

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...