Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Romance Takeover Readathon - Light v. Dark Wrap Up

 Last week was the latest round of the Romance Takeover Readathon! Jenn went with the Light v. Dark theme this time. I go into more depth during my tbr, so if you missed that post definitely check it out for all the details. The readathon was hosted by JennCrystalJessenRachelChristi and Caitlin. Jenn, once again, did a build your own bingo board.

Above is the bingo board that I created. I went a little different this time in my creation and looked at books I wanted to pick up to finish the Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo. Once I narrowed down those, I then looked at what prompts they matched from Jenn's list and built my bingo board based off of those. I did a pretty good job sticking to my stricter tbr this time and surpassed my goal of five books! Below is my final bingo board followed by the books I read in order read.

1. Walking in Fire by Cathryn Cade - covered paranormal and foodie

2. Under One Roof by Ali Hazelwood - covered friends to lovers, forced proximity and romcom

3. Never Sweeter by Charlotte Stein - covered virgin hero, plus sized, new adult and sports

4. Gaslight Hades by Grace Draven - covered 2nd chance and fantasy

5. Donut Fall in Love by Jackie Lau - covered celebrity

6. A Captivating Touch by Elsa Winckler (was previously published as Touched in the Heart) - covered billionaire

It's hard to choose a favorite, but I think it was either Gaslight Hades or Donut Fall in Love. I'm not too surprised by that though since they are two of my favorite authors in their respective sub-genres. I had a historical I could've picked up Sunday to black out the board, but I was ready to kind of go a different direction and do a little more mood-reading. I had a lot of fun and can't wait for the next round!

Did you participate in the Romance Takeover Readathon - Light v. Dark?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...