Monday, August 1, 2022

How Sweet It Is by Dylan Newton

⭐⭐⭐⭐

For my July tbr new author prompt, I ended up choosing Dylan Newton. I had received How Sweet It Is as a gift shortly after it was released and have had it sitting on my shelf. This is technically not part of a series, but Dylan's second book released All Fired Up is about a character we meet in this book. I was able to use this for the Summer of Swoon prompt 2021 release.

Kate is the queen of HEAs, known for her event planning having the perfect "Aww" moment to make an event even more memorable. When a client cancels their wedding and she ends up with some free time, her friend convinces her to take on the planning for the new book release for the Knight of Nightmares, Drake. He's gearing up to release his 10th book and it's already been optioned for movie rights. Kate is hoping to expand her portfolio to increase her chances of winning a big award for her inudstry, but Drake is very low key. As Kate and Drake struggle to come to terms on what to do for the event, Drake finds a new muse in Kate and wants to spend more time with her to help finish a secret book.

This was really cute and as the title says, sweet. Now, going in I knew this was a traditionally published rom-com, so I was expecting more sweet with not too much steam. I thought it was well done and really a great change of pace after the darkness of Raze. Kate was just so bubbly and loved that when they have their meet cute she really gets thrown for a loop and doesn't start off picture perfect. Even though it was a little predictable, it was just feel good. I don't know, I don't have too much to say about it other than it is what it is and exactly as I expected. I enjoyed my time reading it and it's a solid 4-stars. I just don't really have much to gush about, but also nothing to really complain about.

A quick review, but really all it comes down to is that How Sweet It Is gave me what I wanted and met the expectations I had for it. If you enjoy the traditionally published rom-coms, definitely check it out. I though it was super cute and will definitely be interested in picking up the associated book when I'm in the mood for something like this in the future.

Have you read How Sweet It Is?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: How Sweet It Is, Dylan Newton, 4-stars, 1 day, Paperback, 352 pages, published in 2021, traditionally published

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...