Wednesday, March 30, 2022

The Problem with Him by Rachel Higginson

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Continuing my binge of Rachel Higginson's Opposites Attract series, I picked up the next book. The third book is The Problem with Him. I was able to use this for the prompt pink on the cover for Love Has Sprung.

Kaya has been elevated to first sous chef at Lilou once Killian left to start a restaurant with Vera. Her fellow sous chef, and frequent kitchen rival, Wyatt is the new executive chef. When they start butting heads even more than usual, Kaya is feeling out of place. She's interested in taking over the suddenly open executive chef position and another one of Ezra's restaurants. While Kaya secret prepares and learns the other restaurant's personality and vibe, she struggles with her attraction to Wyatt. While they were always butting heads, it's really been hiding the attraction between them that never seemed to be at a time to move forward. When it finally boils over, Kaya and Wyatt struggle to keep their attraction to each other from distracting the rest of the kitchen.

Now, I am not the biggest enemies-to-lovers reader. While the first two books in this series had a little bit of that vibe, here I was expecting it to be a lot more prevalent. Once we got into the meat of what was going on between Wyatt and Kaya this wasn't enemies-to-lovers, but more not-so-secretly pining. I loved how much Wyatt was all in for Kaya. When she brings up going for the other executive chef position, he doesn't think twice and encourages her to go for the position. He's sad that we won't get to see her everyday at work anymore, but he just is so freaking supportive. Also, can we just say that Wyatt is freaking hot. He's a tattooed, pierced chef that seems like a complete hard-ass, but is really just a cinnamon roll on the inside, especially when it comes to Kaya.

One thing I really liked as well is that even though we got two chefs in The Opposite of You, here we get two chefs in the same kitchen. I also loved seeing that Wyatt is actually apart of the foster brother group that Ezra and Killian were in as well. It was so nice to see how he made a similar path but yet also did things differently. I just really liked the pining and then breaking of tension between them. 

I can't wait to dig into more of Rachel Higginson's backlist and see what other stories are in her brain. I'm so happy to have gone on this mini binge and am always happy to add a new author to my contemporary list. Over the past year it's been really growing and I'm starting to find some really great authors! If you enjoy foodie and chef romances, this one is a must! I think it could do well as a standalone, but I've enjoyed the series as a whole so certainly check them all out.

Have you read The Problem with Him?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: The Problem with Him, Rachel Higginson, 5-stars, 1 day, eBook, 328 pages, published in 2018, indie published

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...